The Horse Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having seen a lot of pregnancy related threads on here lately, it has made me wonder about things about the general population and their thinking and thought I would start this thread. Only share as much as you are willing to share.

Knowing the game we are all playing, have you all thought about the possibilities of you putting yourself at risk? the chances of becoming pregnant? have you made plans ahead of time in case it does happen? have you sat down and talked about it? how old were you when you first started? was it out of love? out of lust? How about STD's, has it been something you have been worried or might have been worried about at any point?

There are no right or wrong answers and it is not meant to be a debate. I am curious as to how many of you out there have done and discussed before engaging into sexual activity.

We are adults(for the most part and very mature individuals, so let's keep this an adult topic please).

Let's hear your stories.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
I lost my Virginity in my 20's - 25 to be exact. I lost my Virginity to the guy I was dating - we were together for a total of 6 years, and we had sex the first time in the 4th or 5th year.

I am sexually active, but I am married.

We do not want children. If I get pregnant, we'd more than likely abort but we are taking as many precautions as we can to prevent that from happening. Birth Control, Condoms and Morning After Pills incase the condom breaks.

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
have you all thought about the possibilities of you putting yourself at risk? Yep

the chances of becoming pregnant? Yes, I'm quite aware of the risks, and have had some scary moments, once when I thought I was preggo, and once when I thought I might be miscarrying. Both were false alarms. At some points, I've been very careless about protection, which is stupid on my part, but I also wonder if I'm not barren lol

have you made plans ahead of time in case it does happen? Rich and I have discussed it at length, yes, and he said he would be 100% supportive of whatever decision we make at the time. It's hard to say for sure what we would do right now because we don't know what position we'd be in when it happens, so we will face it together if it ever happens unplanned. We do want kids at some point though.

have you sat down and talked about it? Yes, see above :)

how old were you when you first started? 17, with the first love of my life. I don't regret it one tiny little bit at all.

was it out of love? out of lust? Love.

How about STD's, has it been something you have been worried or might have been worried about at any point? No, as I've only had 2 partners, and both were 100% clean, or I wouldn't have slept with them. I do get a Pap smear every year, and keep up to date on my health, as far as my "woman parts" go :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Knowing the game we are all playing, have you all thought about the possibilities of you putting yourself at risk?
yes, I was well out of HS at least. I never date anyone I wouldn't marry :D

the chances of becoming pregnant?
0.01%

have you made plans ahead of time in case it does happen?
Yes, the baby would be a blessing.

have you sat down and talked about it?
Yuppers

how old were you when you first started?
I was almost 19. and Im still with him.

was it out of love? out of lust?
Love

How about STD's, has it been something you have been worried or might have been worried about at any point?

I was not active in HS. I barely even did the dating thing. I thought it was all pretty silly to chance ruining your life that young. Also, my HS did a blood drive every year. Theres like 2k kids in the Senior high, just juniors and seniors, 25% of the blood could not be used because of STDs and HIV. That was a big preventative for me. lol

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
That is too funny. I was thinking about the same thing today.

I am an adult, married , with one kiid and another on the way so I'm not at all worried about getting pregnant. LOL

However I very careful, BEFORE my first child and AFTER. Was on the pill and took it everytime from the day after my son was born until I decided that I was ready for the next one. What would have happened if I became pregnant despite my efforts? Have the baby of course, but I would have been more stressed out knowing that I wasn't fully ready.

Before I ever became sexually active, I won't discuss my age, I did have the talk with my boyfriend, my mom, and my doctor. I wanted to take every precaution and not get pregnant. My first time was lust for sure, I wish I could say love, but I was young and stupid.

As for STD's they have always worried me sick and I have always gone in for a full screening every 6 months, even after being married for the last 5 years I still do.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Alright here goes....

Knowing the game we are all playing, have you all thought about the possibilities of you putting yourself at risk?
-Most definitely. I've always been the pain in the a** harassing friends, boyfriends, family to get tested and use birth control. When I decided to have sex I talked to my mom and got on birth control. I don't do the bar or the one night stand thing. All of my partners were actual relationships or people that I knew for years (I've had a couple of friends with benefits). However, there are many people who wouldn't think that I am careful. I've had 15 partners and don't use condoms. I hate the way they feel and it completely turns me off. When I was younger I wasn't as careful about making sure people were clean before I slept with them, but now we both get the full range of tests before sex. Frankly I was a bit stupid when I was younger, but I was lucky and am completely clean.

-It's been on my mind since I started having sex, so I've always been on birth control and have been extremely good about taking it as directed. My chances are pretty slim because of that.

-For me it would probably be adoption. I know I wouldn't be able to forgive myself for having an abortion (I do NOT have a problem with others choosing that option and have been the one to bring somebody to the appt before). But I'm just not in the position to raise a child. I've just now decided that I actually do want to have children someday.

-Yes we have. He's more of the abortion viewpoint and pretty much doesn't want kids. But he knows where I stand and is ok with it. I've also told him that if I choose to keep the child when he wants an abortion I won't hold him responsible for my decision. I won't force someone to be involved in a child's life.

- 16 yrs old, 1 month before my 17th bday. I wasn't anywhere near ready and wish that I would've waited for several more years. I don't remember anything pleasant about the situation.

was it out of love? out of lust?
- How about infatuation and curiosity? I broke up with him a month later, so I wouldn't say love, but I cared about him very much when we decided to "do it." As I said it wasn't a great experience though and my feelings changed pretty quickly after that. (God I really sound like a terrible person huh?)

How about STD's, has it been something you have been worried or might have been worried about at any point?
-I have always been very good about getting tested. I get tested before and after every partner (after the first couple anyways). And I also get tested every year when in a relationship. Maybe overkill, but I'd rather know as soon as possible.

So there you go. I feel kinda like the "bad" girl now.... :?

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Knowing the game we are all playing, have you all thought about the possibilities of you putting yourself at risk? Yes I have and when I was promiscuous(and boy was I) I was tested very often, just out of my own fear.

the chances of becoming pregnant? I started BC as soon as I started having sex

have you made plans ahead of time in case it does happen? Yes

have you sat down and talked about it?Yes

how old were you when you first started? 15, to my Bf at the time who was 18. So many people hype the loss of virginity up for whatever reason...I don't think it is that big of a deal really...

was it out of love? No

out of lust? No

How about STD's, has it been something you have been worried or might have been worried about at any point? No I know the fun part of growing up and messing around in a small town is that you know everyone elses sexual history...

I have always had a very casual attitude toward sex...

·
Super Moderator
26,797 Posts
I don't think I count because I'm married! I am on the nuvaring but if I were to get pregnant, it would be fine. I do plan to have another baby, maybe next year or the year after.

I was a teenager when I lost my virginity. It was more out of stupidity then anything else. I didn't want to. It was with a guy that I can honostly say The thought of him makes me want to puke. He was a real piece of work, verbally abusive, controlling, manipulating and would manhandle a women in a heart beat. I said no for the longest time and think I really stayed with him because he pretty much told me that I'd never find anyone else. No one would want me. I geuss I must have believed him because I stayed with him for a good 2 years. Maybe even 3. I didn't want to. He wanted to. I didn't say no. I have always regreted it.

I wanted to wait till marriage. I am glad that I didn't becuase the experience was really poopie, in fact, I really did not enjoy sex at all. With anyone (not that I've been with many...) but my husband, he was different. It felt really good and still does, in fact, it gets better and better. I think it's because we are in love, the real kind, not lust, not friendship but honost love. I know that sounds corny but...

I always used condoms, that was my birth control of choice and even using condoms I worried about cooties. Especially since I had been cheated on a few times. I did get myself tested and I am clean. I used condoms until we decided to get pregnant and then afterwards he said he'd never use a condom again! The man had experienced pure sex! LOL... I went on the nuvaring for him....

We both really enjoy kids, to us, that's what it's all about,,,

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Knowing the game we are all playing, have you all thought about the possibilities of you putting yourself at risk? Yes. We have tried most of the different precautions.

the chances of becoming pregnant? Yep, we've talked about it.

have you made plans ahead of time in case it does happen? Chances are we would keep the baby. I would be more okay with it than he would, but we are both not ready. Adoption has been discussed as well. If it ever were to get to that I guess we would decide what was best in the present situation. It definitely wouldn't be the end of the world for either of us though.

have you sat down and talked about it? Multiple times.

how old were you when you first started? 19

was it out of love? out of lust? Love

How about STD's, has it been something you have been worried or might have been worried about at any point? I've only been with one and he's clean so I'm not worried about it. I go in for my womanly checkups :)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My first post in this area and I chose this to be it...hah. :lol: Anywho...

Yes. Very much so. We're as careful as we can be, but acknowledge that nothing's impossible. Not to mention we both said we weren't going to do anything till we were married, and then after talking it through changed our minds. However, if something were to happen the the consequences from our families and church(we were both brought up to believe that sex was supposed to be for after marriage and not before) could be painful. But we decided we were old enough to make our own decisions be comfortable with them and live with them.

Very low. We've talked it over, but we're being as careful as we can be to prevent such.

Yes, if it were to happen, we'd deal with it together. We both want a little one, sometime in the future, but if a slip-up happened sooner than that, we'd be ok with it, and love the little one like crazy. =)

Yes, quite a few times.

19, and engaged.

was it out of love?
Yes, very much so.

out of lust?
No.

Nope. Both me and my fiancee were the first for both of us.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'm married, too.. so I'm not sure if I count. I've been sexually active for six years and prevented pregnancy by condoms and natural family planning. When we were ready to have a baby, we got rid of the condoms and because we were using natural family planning, knew the days I ovulated and all. After Baby Q arrives I plan to have an IUD inserted until we decide if we'll be having a second baby or not. If after five years we chose not to, Mr. Husband will have a vasectomy and I will continue to have an IUD in place (just in case!)

Knowing the game we are all playing, have you all thought about the possibilities of you putting yourself at risk? We planned on getting pregnant - we had a four month window to do it and we pulled it off! ;) Risk of STDs? There really isn't a risk. My husband and I are married and have only ever been sexually engaged with one another.

Of course, see above answer. ;)

have you made plans ahead of time in case it does happen? See above answer. If we get pregnant again after Q arrives then we'll be happy again! But he'll be getting the snip-snip after Baby #2.

have you sat down and talked about it? Daily.

We were both 17 years old - not married at the time but 100% committed.

was it out of love? out of lust? I actually think a little bit of both. We loved one another and knew it would eventually happen. But that night? I think lust had a lot to do with it. We were totally enamored with one another and there was definitely something that overtook us that night.

I have never been concerned about STDs because my husband and I have only ever been with one another.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Knowing the game we are all playing, have you all thought about the possibilities of you putting yourself at risk? Yes very much so. Seeing as it has happened before.

the chances of becoming pregnant? We know theres a chance, but doing everything to prevent it.

have you made plans ahead of time in case it does happen? Yes it has before.

have you sat down and talked about it? Yes alot.

how old were you when you first started? 18

was it out of love? yes

out of lust? no

How about STD's, has it been something you have been worried or might have been worried about at any point? Not worried because I've only ever been with him and he's only been with me so no.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Knowing the game we are all playing, have you all thought about the possibilities of you putting yourself at risk? Yes.

the chances of becoming pregnant? I know I`m at risk for becoming pregnant, and when ever it happens were ready. I`ve all ready have been twice the first time I had an abortion and the second a miscarriage

have you made plans ahead of time in case it does happen? Yes

have you sat down and talked about it?Yes

how old were you when you first started? 17, with my fiance, and some people look back at there first time as a bad choice, but to me mine wasn`t.

was it out of love? Yes.

out of lust? No.

How about STD's, has it been something you have been worried or might have been worried about at any point? Nope, my fiance and I have only been with each other.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Yes and while I was stupid for the first two years, I smarted up and got an IUD while using a condom. Pregnancy just isn't going to happen!

Mine right now with the IUD and condom are 0.00%. I have no fears whatsoever.

Yes although the outcome would depend on where I am with my relationship, college, income and living arrangement. Right now, I would have to have an abortion as there is no possible way I could support a child.

Sadly I have to say no. Joe doesn't like kids and isnt open to talking about it without freaking out. If it came to my being pregnant, I would consult my parents and go from there. Joe wouldn't have any say in the matter.

I has just turned 19.

was it out of love or lust?
Neither to be honest. I always thought it sounded stupid when people say "Oh it just happened!" because really..how does it just happen? And yet, it just happened. My first time was with a guy I had met twice and I thought was gay!

I guess not really. I got to my OB-GYN and get checked regularly. I don't sleep around and minus the first guy, I've known my boyfriend for two years and was close friends with him. He was open with me before dating about his (lack of) sex life.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lucara, there is no such thing as being 100% sure you won't get pregnant. You're really smart to be using 2 forms of birth control which really decreases your chances, but it will never be a 100% guarantee.

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
My answers do not count much at all because not only am I married but I have had a hysterectomy.

I was not sexually active until I was well into my 20s because I felt strongly that I was not willing to risk getting pregnant prior to me being able to handle it if it happened by accident. As soon as I became sexually active I started using BC pills and condoms so my risk of getting pregnant was minimal.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Lucara, there is no such thing as being 100% sure you won't get pregnant. You're really smart to be using 2 forms of birth control which really decreases your chances, but it will never be a 100% guarantee.

Haha okay well if the condom breaks and the IUD fails I'll assume myself screwed and that it was just meant to be. :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts