The Horse Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG YAY !
I found out yesterday, that indigo had a tattoo.. so i was on a mission to find out his bloodlines etc.
Well me and Niki took on the task and she found him !
haha we are still pretty excited !
But it turn's out.
His racing name was Silver Willow
he is 19 years old.
He was Started 15 Times ( anyone want to find out for me how many he won?)
**some of the things may say he is Roan, but he was a roan who greyed out.

Here is the lines !

He also has Man O' War and War Admiral In his bloodlines !
This is definitally him because it says he is in Manitoba.

Im pretty happy that i finally found something out about him !

Here is his Dam's Ped:
Willa Thoroughbred

Here is the Sires:
What a Hoist Thoroughbred

Here is His :
Silver Willow Thoroughbred

·
Registered
188 Posts
wow I don't know anything about pedigrees whatsoever, but Man O' War and War Admiral are two big names of nice horses that I do recognize of course! and Indigo is so pretty!

~AL615

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ haha i know, im not to savvy with the thoroughbred lines. but those names really do pop out at me. But i plan on getting more familiar with the names as i do love thoroughbreds.. dont think i plan on switching breeds for a very long long time lol.

And thank you :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Your guy raced in Canada, and out of his 15 starts, he won won race, with no 2nds or 3rds, and he won $1869.

Used to be, the Jockey Club called grey horses who started out black or nearly black "roan", and called grey horses who started out chestnut or bright bay "grey"-- however in more recent years to reduce confusion (?LOL) without giving up their "traditional" use of the terms, they call anything going grey "grey/roan". Confusing I know, but breed registries don't always keep up with genetic research/more technical/specific terminology for colors.

·
Registered
735 Posts
He doesn't look closely related at all, but your guy resembles my mare, Chrissy's Legacy.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/chrissys+legacy

She liked to run a little more than he did tho'...... :lol:

Here is her sire, Finocchio-- your photos of your guy in the snow remind me so much of this photo taken by Finocchio's owners when he was an older stallion!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your guy raced in Canada, and out of his 15 starts, he won won race, with no 2nds or 3rds, and he won $1869.

Used to be, the Jockey Club called grey horses who started out black or nearly black "roan", and called grey horses who started out chestnut or bright bay "grey"-- however in more recent years to reduce confusion (?LOL) without giving up their "traditional" use of the terms, they call anything going grey "grey/roan". Confusing I know, but breed registries don't always keep up with genetic research/more technical/specific terminology for colors.
Thank you eastowest :)
Even if he only won one race, that is fine with me :)
The Amount he won in his racing career, can never outnumber how much i care for him :)

That is rather confusing also about the genetic's.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha, they do look alike ! Quite abit :) Even though they have a big difference in pedigree, it is always a fun thing to look at !

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
here are the names that I recognize as "good" names to have in a TB pedigree:

Dam's side: Hyperion, Mahuba, Fair Play, Man O' War, Sir Gallahad, War Glory

Sire's side: Hoist the Flag, War Admiral, Man O' War, Tourbillon, Rosemont (he won the Santa Anita handicap in that race against Seabiscuit), Nearco, Pharos, Hyperion

Pretty good overall :D

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Hey twister...
Yes EventerDrew is right he does have some goodies in there.
Interesting he is a really late foal born on June 29.
At some point he was gelded down the road since they have him in the registry as a "horse"
Turn-To was another one I remember as well as Decidedly.
When I was a kid I had memorized all Triple Crown winners and Kentucky Derby winners....lol
My friend and i I loved to play games with the names.
Now that one can look up the lines on the internet...haha there are all kinds of neat things you can do The site I use lets you make up "hypathetical foals" by plugging in a sire and dam...it costs I think to do it but kinda interesting.
www.equineline.com
When you look up horses there if it says at the top under their name that the horse is a "Black-Type Winner" it means they are a Stakes winner!
Kinda cool.
Merry Christmas
Halfpass

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
For some reason I can't bring up his pedigree, but he definitely has alot of good TBs in his line :D

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just thought i could add.
That i am capable of editing or adding info to his Pedigree, Should i ?
I would probably be only adding that he is a gelding, he is 16.2 HH and adding a photo or something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts