The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I watching international show jumping and eventing a lot of German horse names start with FRH: FRH Serve Well(Andreas Dibowski) FRH Butts Abraxaas(Ingrid Klimke) Both German Eventers. Does anyone know why this is?

·
Super Moderator
27,067 Posts
I don't. But if I had to guess, I'd say the FRH is a breeders initials and they used it on a stud... then carried it down... off to surf the web now.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
FRH is the Hanoverian verband's program to get good riders on good horses with good sponsors. So horses in this program bear the FRH initials. It's German, something about the Association For Promotion of Hanoverians?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Super Moderator
27,067 Posts
So is this something that is earned? So that if they earn enough points they can attaché the initials? Or is it in the breeding?

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
No, has nothing to do with points. It's a program from the Hanoverian verband. I'm assuming there is some type of application process but basically they identify talented riders, get them on talented horses and get sponsors involved - then the horse is given the FRH initials. I'm assuming for recognition of the sponsors. I'd assume they give money to the verband to distribute and they do so through this program. Lots of politicing and the sponsors always want easy recognition of their horses.

The horses would have to be eligible, branded and approved with the Hanoverian verband before entrance into the program as it is just for Hanoverians.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
it's an association for the promotion of the Hanoverian in sport. Anybody can become a member and pays a fee, and with this money, and that from sponsors, of course, that association buys promising horses and unites them with top riders. So horses belonging to the association carry the prefix FRH...Verein zur "F"oerderung des "R"eitsports mit "H"annoveranern

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.