The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to have some oatmeal cookies and coffee. It's snowing and blowing outside and I'm so sick of winter and snow. The horses are sick of it. The ducks are sick of it. Even our snowman-building, sledding enthusiast kids are sick of it. They are home today due to the weather and we're just chilling in the nice warm house. That reminds me, I need to go outside and throw some more wood in the furnace.

So, how's your day going? Pull up a chair and join me for some cookies and coffee. If coffee's not your thing, I've got hot cocoa. :D

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
It's pretty warm here in Utah (45-50 degrees). Hopefully enough snow will melt that I can get some horses ridden.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Snow .... that's the reason I left the North East. I hate snow. Down here it's been one of the coldest winters in history - which is still mild compared to the North East. ~5 more weeks left to winter, Punxatawny Phil was spot on this time!

Did I mention that I hate snow?

Coffee and cookies sure do sound great - be right over Jen. Don't eat all those cookies before I get there Kevin.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Better hurry!

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Ahh, now there's the right idea. My kid is in school today (though if I'd had my way it would have been cancelled. It's 26 miles from my house to the school he attends, one way.) It's 20 degrees out with snow showers off and on - supposed to have steady snow after 3 pm (right when my son gets out of school and I had to drive back, yuck). I did manage to motivate myself enough to go outside and lunge my colt for a bit - he's right at the age where I want to keep on top of him and not loose that nice soft, willing personality - so easy to just stay inside. But no one's gonna do it for me! (unless you want to :lol:) But taking a few minutes for a good cup of coffee before heading back out in the 4WD to drive to school sounds like a fabulous idea to me :)

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
I'll have some coffee, definitely need the pick up and oatmeal cookies are my favorite!

I'm not sure how many feet we have.... I'm just so tired of snow and ice. Soda's starting to get that stir crazy look in his eyes, but it's supposed to get "warm" this weekend (high 20s/low 30s) so I'm definitely going to get him out. I wonder if this winter is ever going to end.

On the upside the hoarfrost sure does sparkle when the sun rises. Trying to find something good about this.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I wish I was sipping coffee at home. Im at work. I got here at 9... and no one else showed up till 11. :-X

I cant complain to much. Ive yet to get stuck in the snow, and Ive yet to shovel. I woke up any my father and brother already cleaned the snow off of my car. That was really nice. I hate cold hands!

I am dreading what the stalls will look like when I go over to feed my horses. They track the snow right in the stalls, ugh. I am in need of stall matts so bad to keep the mess down, but they cant go in till the floor is dry.

·
Super Moderator
22,681 Posts
A cocoa to me, please.

Hey, why do you all hate snow? :lol: I love it, it's so clean and pure. We've got a plenty of it during this winter. Perhaps I should take a photo from one sidewalk around here? I think it looks actually pretty funky, especially when the plower has managed to left all the lines after his plow very sharp and you can see the bank both side is up to your knee and very level all around the sidewalk. Then I could frame the photo and recall this winter afterwards since even snow is common here, I'm sure that we won't have that snowy winter for few years now.

Vague explanation, hope you caught something :lol:. *having and crumbling some cookies*.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for joining me! The end of our driveway has drifted shut so I hope whichever one of you is stuck can get out before my husband gets home. :wink: I know it's not Indyhorse, she's got 4WD. :D

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
See what I mean about snow?!

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You mean you don't find this appealing? :lol:

feb '10 003.jpg

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
It looks pretty in blue - better at your place then mine.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Thank you all for joining me! The end of our driveway has drifted shut so I hope whichever one of you is stuck can get out before my husband gets home. :wink: I know it's not Indyhorse, she's got 4WD. :D
That sounds like the voice of experience. Do your visitors often have to leave before your husband gets home.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Well you are probably all going to hate me for this but um today it was 70F....Don't hurt me...

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That sounds like the voice of experience. Do your visitors often have to leave before your husband gets home.

Iluvjunior, I have my hands over my ears going la la la la la...:D
Very cute, Allie!

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
*nurses cup 'o hot chocolate*

This afternoon I got a haircut:

And spent a couple hours at physio. Bleh!!
Then you can drain the bottle of wine in the background and go to bed early!

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Only if she shares with the rest of us! (Although I'd rather have a beer.) :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.