The Horse Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Banned
9,470 Posts
I appear to be going totally against the grain here with my thoughts, but if the horse is not lame - then why not just keep an eye on it?

I am really not sure that I would be spending a good chunk of change on xrays, scans, third opinions etc for a horse that is not lame or showing signs of discomfort.

To me it looks and sounds like an old bow, I have no idea why that would not have shown up in the scans though - but I personally would just put that down to being one of those puzzling things in life and leave it be while keeping a close watch on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Thought i would post a quick update... even though i don't want to, but i figured those of you that were really trying to help might want to know. Did more xrays and it looks like it's. The bottom of his splint bone is seperated i guess. I took pictures of the xrays but will have to post them when i get home.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Thought i would post a quick update... even though i don't want to, but i figured those of you that were really trying to help might want to know. Did more xrays and it looks like it's. The bottom of his splint bone is seperated i guess. I took pictures of the xrays but will have to post them when i get home.

holly cow!

I am glad the issue was finally found, I can not believe something like that was missed in the other xrays.

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
I, too, am very glad that you found what was causing the problem. I've never heard of that happening before. Do you know how difficult that will be to get healed?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Well it was probably missed in the last xrays cause its a different swelling than when we originally took the last xrays...

The vet said it will heal on its own in time. He still is amazed thar he has been 100% sound through all this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
No we originally took xrays his entire front leg was swollen and had a big knot in his tendon so we did xrays and ultrasound lameness exam so on. Since we did all that the leg swelled in random places over the last couple of months and the swelling i posted pictures of showed up in the middle of Jan after we got all the other swelling under control. When the vet originally came out and looked we all just thought he was stocked up or just poor circulation. So last week the swelling was all gone but one spot over his bone so we decided to do more xrays. Which showed the popped splint bone.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts