The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,661 Posts
Here is one Manufactures version, most FQH Bars are going to be similar, another popular Manufacture has 7" Gullet and 14.25" Bar Spread

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it mean that it's a wider tree? Like I said I know zero about western tack. The place I've adopted Cowboy from said he needs a saddle with full quarter bars and I'm like.. ummm what?

·
Super Moderator
26,526 Posts
It's basically a wide tree.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Quarter bars means the saddle is built to fit a quarter horse, which is your "standard" Western saddle. Quarter horses are stockier and wider than a lot of other horses, so the bar spread is wider than a gaited saddle or Arab saddle (narrower horses).

If you are trying to find a saddle for your horse, it is always best to have an experienced saddler measure and fit your horse, even if you have to pay them for the time/service. It will be SO much better for you and your horse in the long run. People may tell you what they think the horse needs, but having a professional fit him can often give you a very different result. (A lot of people think that just because they throw the quarter saddle with a pad on the horse and it stays on, it therefore fits the horse just fine.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.