The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just want to share this video for the NH group and who ever else is interested.

I really dont want people commenting on saying how stupid or dangerous or whatever some of the stuff im doing is.. Me and Chance have a pretty trusting relationship, and im aware what could happen.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Wow, that is really cool. I can tell that you and Chance do have a very trusting relationship. He looks really relaxed. I LOVE that unique way of mounting. And I have NEVER seen anyone dismount off the neck. Very cool. I don't need to tell you to be careful though, I'm sure you know the potential risks. I can tell that you are trying to be careful by your methodical movements.

Keep up the great work! I can see that you are having fun.

Jubilee

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you so much! I still cant believe this is teh same horse I bought 2 years ago that tried to kill me every chance she had! Thanks again! :)

I try to keep both of us as safe as possible!

Lol I was inspired by one of my friends on the dismounting and mounting haha! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
What a pleasure to watch. We all should have such a wonderful relationship. I am working on that everyday. Not to the extent you are. Just a great bond. You keep up the good work!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MistyRose,Allison - Thank you! :) I want the best relationship I can have with my horse. I think its one of the most important things.

1dog3cats17rodents- haha thanks! :p It was deff. fun!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I especially love the dismount! It goes against every instinct the horse has to let you slide down over his head. He obviously trusts and respects you completely! Good job.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I've owned her for 2 years and our relationship goes up and down, and not to mention she was abused from the day she was born till when I got her when she was 31/2 or 4 and shes 6 now :)

I've always tried to put the relationship between us first.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Very cool. I'm going to roll around that mount and dismount in my mind. I have a very tall girl that can be quite hard to mount bareback. I wonder if I should try this with her. Maybe.

Great job. I can't believe this is the mare that you went through all those tribulations with!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The mounting and dismounting has become VERY helpful! lol! Now at least when im riding bareback on a trail I can at least get off when needed and dont have to worry about finding a high spot to leap up on! Just watch the horses body/body language when first trying it.

Haha yeah most people doubt that she can be a little devilish at times! Even I get sucked into her cuteness and forget she still has a off side lol

Love her all the same though! She keeps me entertained. lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.