The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this little clip that I'd never seen before, and I thought it was pretty cool. :) Really goes to show how good horsemanship is universal, regardless of discipline. (I doubt this is the first time they've practiced this, but still! Pretty neat.) (And if the video doesn't insert, sorry but I haven't quite gotten the hang of this forum's workings yet.)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@rambo99

Yeah, she seems to have trouble with the sliding stop and he seems to have a little trouble trying to get the dressage horse to pirouette, but overall it was a really cool video to watch! I appreciated seeing a little bit of slightly older dressage as well, it's always nice to see a horse that's ATV rather than BTV like many are anymore. :) I also liked seeing some slower, yet still functional western gaits that aren't the mutated WP gaits.

It's a cool video. I always try to incorporate both worlds in my training, as there are strengths and weaknesses in both.

·
Premium Member
16,046 Posts
I have seen this and a couple of others, great fun.

The comments made on all of them were that the western riders thought she didn't get the results when riding the western horse and dressage riders said the same of him on the dressage horse!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I love this video & have also seen it a couple of times. Love it when they switch horses - while they may not have the same feel for the others' horse to give them the precise cues the horse is used to, the fact that they are able to do what they want to does show that good horsemanship is universal. Bet they both loved riding a different horse & discipline for the demo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts