The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed to laugh so I decided to look through Lacey's dad's pedigree and see if there are any seriously funny looking horses that went into my poneh. He did not disappoint.

First off there's "Bad," a 1929 mare. First off, her name is super funny but then when you look at her picture, prepare to laugh out loud.
I couldn't find the picture to link to so here's her page. Scroll over the little picture thingy up by her name to see the picture.

Bad Arabian

Then there's "Elegantka", a 1923 mare. She's not horrible deformed or anything, I just laughed when I saw her picture after reading her name. I was expecting something pretty lady-like but she's not so much.

And then, my all time funny looking favorite: Matih, a 1922 mare. Do you think she could be any more awkward looking? Evidently she's a pretty typical "Muniqui" arabian. I guess the desert people who bred that type of Arabs were going solely for speed and had to leave beauty by the wayside or some such thing (here's the link, in case you're interested: Arab Families (1950) )

This guy was less funny looking and more just random: Bazleyd, a 1928 stallion. He was doubled registered as a TWH because he was evidently gaited. WHAT?? Haha That was one of the funnier things I've ever heard. Here's a link to his page, I guess that picture is of him gaiting. Who knew? Haha

Bazleyd Arabian

Good times. Very good times.

Does anyone else's horse have some funny skeletons in their closet? Feel free to post lots of funny pictures. The funnier the better.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Oh my goodness, this killed me! Whoever named "Bad Arabian" was pretty clever, because he looks more like a TB! I would take great pride in such a unique pedigree. Honestly, there's nothing quite like it :)

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahahahahahaha Roro! That made it soooo much funnier. She does look like a TB doesn't she? Such a "Bad Arabian." ROFL!

·
Registered
4,260 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Wow! Hermit looks like an arabian! Hmm...Maybe they got Bad arabian and hermit mixed up.:lol: ...I be back with funnies in a moment....

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Okay! Here are a couple from Mana's pedigree.

Come forth giraffe horse!! :p
All Breed Pedigree Query=

Oh yeah, this one's breeding material...

This one looks like a saddlebred.

Giraffe horse strikes again.

I wonder what this one was bred to do.:shock:

Front end of a Thoroughbred, back end of an arabian, and I'm not sure what's happening in between...

This one looks like a warmblood...

EEK! I can't believe there are so many!! Oh well. I take solice in the fact that they are all pretty far back there. Could you imagin if one of the owners of these horses came on to the forum asking for breeding advice? I don't think that any of these horses should have been bred, but I am darn glad that they were or I wouldn't have the horses I love right now...no matter how fugly their ancestors were. :D

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Wow! Those are some odd ducks... Makes you wonder what they were thinkin' back then... Obviously it had nothing to do with conformation! heheheh

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
omg...... i think I could top y'all with this one, way back in my geldings pedigree...... o_O i mean seriously, what happened there?!
Old Sorrel Quarter Horse
this painting is actually kinda pretty:
Saltram Thoroughbred

notice back then they didnt name 'em after th eparents.....like normal names fo rthe horses, but now its like"ima little one" and "shesagoodone"
lol :)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
CloudsMystique, how did you get the pictures off the website? Whenever I try to save them, I just save a picture of the little square that LINKS to the picture.

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
wow. its so funny how they drew horses back "then". Though, mystique, the first drawing you posted looks pretty good. shows detail, like sway back and a thick throatlatch. better than the second! :) lol
BTW, in that second pic, either the horse is HUGE or that guy is short! holly cow!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Roro, to save pics I just print screen key the page and crop it in paint, then save it like that.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Another way to save pics from allbreedpedigree is to right click on the name for the horse you want, choose "edit information" from the menu that comes up, and then when the edit screen comes up, copy and paste the URL for the image into the browser, and right click on and save the file from that image URL. :D

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I sifted through mine and found a few strange ones:
Gigantic TB!

A classic Frankenhorse.

Grand-sire with a hind end in a different dimension from the front!

Saved the best for last:
A real beauty, right?

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
These are all great!
What were people thinking back in the day? o_O But I'm glad they were obviously crazy because they got us our lovely ponehs. =D

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Another way to save pics from allbreedpedigree is to right click on the name for the horse you want, choose "edit information" from the menu that comes up, and then when the edit screen comes up, copy and paste the URL for the image into the browser, and right click on and save the file from that image URL. :D

Yeah, that's exactly what I did.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.