The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havent even brought this mare home and I cant help but look into the future....toying with the idea of breeding her to this stallion. Located only 90 min away from me. If I do decide to breed it won't be until next year at the earliest, was actually planning more like 2021 but I like the idea of this cross.....thoughts? I havent kept up with AQHA or APHA bloodlines much but like the look of this stud. Honestly not a fan of color but thats the least of my concern.

Plans for future foal will be to keep it, and have an all around horse.

Stallion....
https://www.allbreedpedigree.com/classic+sweet+jack

Mare....
https://www.allbreedpedigree.com/aces+april+dawn

Thoughts? Decent cross? Would they complement each other? Thanks for the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't help you much in terms of would they compliment each other well, but he looks good to my untrained eye! Exciting :D
Thanks for the reply! LOL Same to my untrained eye! Not exactly the color I was looking for originally but they use the stud daily around their ranch, along with rodeo events....just seems like an all around horse overall!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I actually like his color and think it would make an interesting cross. But I'm not good with conformation stuff either unless it's really obvious. How old is he? Since they use him he must be in decent shape so depending on his age that would tell you if any confo faults are a problem or not.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually like his color and think it would make an interesting cross. But I'm not good with conformation stuff either unless it's really obvious. How old is he? Since they use him he must be in decent shape so depending on his age that would tell you if any confo faults are a problem or not.
He's 15 ;)

·
Registered
355 Posts
OK, that's a good age. You'd think any serious problems would have shown up by now. I like him!

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, that's a good age. You'd think any serious problems would have shown up by now. I like him!
Thats what Im thinking as well, have been doing more research on him, seems like a good stallion from my findings :D Even though color is my last priority, I do wonder what color possibilities I have, still waiting for studs test results but mare's are known

Reactions: pasomountain
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.