The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Want to stand out this winter? Want to keep your fingers warm? Then its time to get your hands on a pair of fuzzy reins!

They really are quite wonderful, I dislike flaunting my femininity, but they have super grip when I work with the irritable haflinger who decides suddenly that she rather not go the speed or direction you want her to head. They are made with a brand name you trust, WEAVER gaming reins, with fuzzy yarn weaved in.
Lots of colors, easy to clean, and custom orders accepted.

*NEW* Prices:
$25.00 for premades - look through forum to find pictures of current premade colors.
$30.00 for custom color combo, limit to 2 colors. Additional fee of $3.00 for 3-4 colors.
Shipping:
$6.00 for one set.
$12.00 for 2-10 sets of reins.

Custom orders take 2-3 days to finish.
All orders must be prepaid.
Paypal or Money Order.

Read more: http://www.horseforum.com/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=245987#ixzz1gqoaMTW5

Here are some pictures of people who have bought:

These were a custom order for a friend, who wanted to see if I could do leather - I think they are funny looking but her response is "Haha I think they are great. And they are so soft and wonderful. They offer alot of grip for keeping my super hyper mare in check."

These are the colors I already have made up - Though, custom colors take less than 3 days to complete.

and the website that has more pictures and testimonials and such..
http://www.fadedoak.com/fuzzy.htm

Though I plan on lurking here more often, sending me an email is quicker ->
[email protected]

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
Omg, those are amazing xD Bet they'd be nice in the winter time~

Reactions: ShinaKonga

·
Registered
523 Posts
How durable are these? They look like the poly rope with the yarn through it, but I worry about the fuzz coming off...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How durable are these? They look like the poly rope with the yarn through it, but I worry about the fuzz coming off...
They are weaver brand gaming reins, and the fuzzy yarn is woven through.
My personal pair has taken a pretty good beating - including being dragged, run over, dragged across the pasture once more for kicks, mostly because the mare I ride has a tendency to lose me when i decide to ride bareback. They are washable, just hold onto the leather ends and rinse off the dirt, and hang to dry, and fluff later. Its not like glitter, where you rub it it will come off. If nothing else, the more you use them the fluffier they get, since when I make them a bunch of the extra fluff usually gets sitched in. The only real way to break them would be to cut the string at either of the ends and pull until it all unravels, and if that happens, you can just send them back and I'll fix it.

Heres a picture of the beast flaunting her fuzzy reins at yesterdays trail ride. (I cheated and rode even with my crappy ankle)

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Do you have purple!? I need some short gaming reins..my horse has a short neck...soo can't be like roping reins.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have purple!? I need some short gaming reins..my horse has a short neck...soo can't be like roping reins.
They are gaming reins 8ft long.

I have one purple made up, its black and purple.
Included is a picture of the other purples I have on hand. The one pictured as blue is actually this the other colors hold true. There is a pink/purple blend, a purple/wine blend, the violet, and a periwinkle.

I think the craft store has a richer purple, but I'll have to check on that.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Heres a picture detailing how well the yarn is secured to the reins.

edit: added the wrong one, ya'll wanted to see the green glitter one I was working on right?! too bad, you get it before I added the other stuff.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you can make any that are hot purple I want to buy a pair.
Google tells me that this is hot purple.

Is google's hot purple the same as what you have in mind for hot purple? If so, I'll go find myself some yarn tomorrow.

·
Registered
523 Posts
How much would it be to make some a bit longer? My TB has a neck like a giraffe. I can measure the reins I use on him now to be sure, but I estimate they are about nine feet long.
I also have a green camo color scheme for him... Any colors you could show me that would go into that? My birthday is coming up and I'd like a nice present for myself along these lines... along these fuzzy lines. ;)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Subbing so I can email you later this week for a pair :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
How much would it be to make some a bit longer? My TB has a neck like a giraffe. I can measure the reins I use on him now to be sure, but I estimate they are about nine feet long.
I also have a green camo color scheme for him... Any colors you could show me that would go into that? My birthday is coming up and I'd like a nice present for myself along these lines... along these fuzzy lines. ;)
I have a pair of 9ft braided reins that I have yet to make into something.
I don't have much in camo supply - but I am heading to the yarn store tomorrow morning to search for hot purple.
Heres what I have: which is black, a copper
(not orange like it looks), a weird sparkly tan/black/green combo (think if kurt from glee went into the military ;) ) and a plain green. In the background you can see that I am currently doing a pair with the weird combo and green (which I was going to use as a dog leash, but hasn't been claimed yet) - or below you can see what it looks like if I mix the sparkly combo with black and copper. If none of these options work, I can se what I can find at the store in terms of forest green - perhaps, since I live in rural WI, there might even be camo fuzzy yarn.... how about blaze orange? ha!

As for others out there in regards to longer than the normal weaver reins - I don't often have them in stock, I only pick them up at tack sales when I see them - they are bloody expensive otherwise.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have a pair of 9ft braided reins that I have yet to make into something.
I don't have much in camo supply - but I am heading to the yarn store tomorrow morning to search for hot purple.
Heres what I have: which is black, a copperbrown (not orange like it looks), a weird sparkly tan/black/green combo (think if kurt from glee went into the military ;) ) and a plain green. In the background you can see that I am currently doing a pair with the weird combo and green (which I was going to use as a dog leash, but hasn't been claimed yet) - or below you can see what it looks like if I mix the sparkly combo with black and copper. If none of these options work, I can se what I can find at the store in terms of forest green - perhaps, since I live in rural WI, there might even be camo fuzzy yarn.... how about blaze orange? ha!

As for others out there in regards to longer than the normal weaver reins - I don't often have them in stock, I only pick them up at tack sales when I see them - they are bloody expensive otherwise.

What color are the braided reins? I wouldn't want some screaming pink showing through all the camo. :lol:
I like the Kurt combo. Very glittery. Not so much a fan of the copper... I'm looking into more hunter green tones and darker browns/black than something too bright.

Wait, edit, I'm an idiot. Are the reins the ones in the photo?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What color are the braided reins? I wouldn't want some screaming pink showing through all the camo. :lol:
I like the Kurt combo. Very glittery. Not so much a fan of the copper... I'm looking into more hunter green tones and darker browns/black than something too bright.

Wait, edit, I'm an idiot. Are the reins the ones in the photo?
Reins are a dulled pink and white, but I'll layer it on thick so you can't see it in there. I think the Kurt one matches fairly well (of course its midnight and I am trying to compare it to my computer screen) I would personally like to combine it with a darker green if I can find one then the reins would be fully smoothered.

No, the long reins aren't the ones pictured, those are my regular reins they are going to be dismantled to make hot purple (if I can find the yarn) but thats what the naked weaver reins look like for all interested.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Reins are a dulled pink and white, but I'll layer it on thick so you can't see it in there. I think the Kurt one matches fairly well (of course its midnight and I am trying to compare it to my computer screen) I would personally like to combine it with a darker green if I can find one then the reins would be fully smoothered.

No, the long reins aren't the ones pictured, those are my regular reins they are going to be dismantled to make hot purple (if I can find the yarn) but thats what the naked weaver reins look like for all interested.
Posting naked pictures on the forum, how dare you! :lol:
As for the colors, I think you're right. Keep me posted. My email is [email protected], or you can PM me here. Or message here. I have no life and check everything...

1 - 20 of 185 Posts