The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to share for the great session today!

I put out some raised poles, realized they needed to be a just a smidge further apart so Next week Ill be better about that.

She was SO good this morning!

I am not looking for a critique just yet as she is still new to me and I am waiting for the vet appointment next week to fully give her the two thumbs up for regular riding and training as for now I am keeping it fairly light as we are fixing some past farrier issues (although that seems to be massively improving much faster than I thought it might!)

To me she shows so much potential through her work ethic and how her body is moving for being so green!

Attachments

· Registered
3,018 Posts
Is that a homemade Equicore? How do you like it? What band strength are you using? Have you noticed any issued with it pulling the surcingle back?

I bought a band a while ago but haven't done anything with it other than take it out of the box to make sure it's long enough.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that a homemade Equicore? How do you like it? What band strength are you using? Have you noticed any issued with it pulling the surcingle back?

I bought a band a while ago but haven't done anything with it other than take it out of the box to make sure it's long enough.
LOL Thank you, I actually just used an old standing wrap I had laying around! I just put a clip on one side of the surcingle and then did a quick release knot on the other side for safety since it was the first time. I liked the material cause it has some stretch to it but is strong at the same time.

I DID notice it pulled the surcingle back about 3-4ish inches and think I just need a breast collar to fix that aspect.

I will be playing around with it for sure and making adjustments for a little bit but it didn't seem to bother her when it did slip back a little bit nor did it mess with the idea of how its supposed to help them use their core more so that was nice!

I also wanted to be careful as it was her first time having a rig around her hind quarters so I didn't want to scare her.
She took to it really well. At first she bunny hoped and was a tad worried but just we just went slow and she figured out it wasn't chasing her and she relaxed right into it.

Using it over the raised poles was great cause it really asked her to lift her belly and lift her legs!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.