The Horse Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Voodoo, Gypsy Vanner weanling; Malmsey, 15 yo arabxwelsh
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not really :p My husband was amazing and helped me pull the legs off of all of them, cut and attach new ones, and I spent a day painting! I am really happy with how they turned out!

These were originally made for me by my adoptive dad back when I was 16 (I am now 30) and they have had about 6 barn moves + 3 years of storage + other trainers using and abusing them. My parents weren't very supportive of my riding, and any time I wanted to spend the money on making my jumps better or painting them, my mom would have a FIT. And I mean a, "Gemma, you are NOT spending your money on that! You are being irresponsible and that should go into your savings!" (even though it was my money, she checked my check book and bank account until I turned 21 and I put my foot down).

I do think my mom felt bad, because she actually gave me some paint and I did something for the teenager that I used to be! Next up, I want to do PURPLE!

Funny story on this next one: When hubs and I bought our property a year and a half ago, we found out that the 2 previous owners TRASHED the woods. I mean, years and years and years of dumping. We have pulled so much trash out, but I found this little gem and decided it would make the perfect flower box! Just don't look at the edge that is a bit rotted :p

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
I really like your idea of messages on the posts. Honestly I wish my barn would do that, it would be super helpful to beginners like me. Also, since I ride a Pony, the word "squeeze" would be useful, too, LOL. My instructors are always reminding me to squeeze him right before jumps, otherwise he tends to lose steam.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts