The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have to agree with Ian M. NH is about using the horse's natural instincts and social structure to communicate with your horse. I also agree that you should not go off of other people's recommendations as to which trainer to follow. Do your own research and find out who speaks to you. I studied a wide variety of trainers through RFD TV before starting the Parelli program 8 years ago, I still read books and watch videos of other trainers and apply what fits with MY OWN program. When it comes down to it none of these trainers are the one who rides YOUR horse on a daily basis. As horsemen we are the ones who have to make a training method work or not, and decide what it is we want to do with our horses.

When I started, I watched RFD because it was free, and couldn't afford to be part of any "club" so I purchased all of my videos on ebay where you can get things at a pretty decent discount, and I still shop ebay when I'm looking for a deal, regardless of which clinician I am looking for.

I have gotten wonderful results with all of my horses from PNH, and don't see where it is any more expensive than any other clinician's program, but also realise its not for everyone.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.