The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a picture of Spidey taken today at the local arena - we are hauling quite a bit getting him used to paying attention in different areas. He is getting so big, he is a late April yearling and is already 15 hands at his withers, 15.2 at the hip - he strings to 16.1. I'll be showing him in the futurity yearling halter geldings, tobiano color, and open, amt, and futurity in hand trail classes. We are trying to put enough weight on him that he doesn't look tiny in halter, but not too much that he looks too big for the in hand trail classes. He is a busy and "up" kind of horse, naturally high headed but drops his head pretty well on the lead, hoping I can keep him focused for his trail classes.

I am getting pretty excited and nervous, wish he was more pleasure type and laid back, but love his personality and presence. Wish us luck :D

Attachments

Reactions: Cynical25

·
Registered
14,981 Posts
He has the look of a champion! I am excited for you as well!
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Ace80908

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
You have done an amazing job with him. Your already winners. Trust me.

He is going to do very well. He looks very mature and is stunning.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks you guys! I need all the support I can get, I am pretty nervous about the trail classes as he is big and scopey so hard to get him to maneuver quietly through the obstacles :lol: - sorry for the upcoming picture overload, but I drove to Nebraska to get him on May27, so here is are monthly pictures since showing his progress. He has grown 3 inches since May and tons of filling out - we are doing lots of trotting around our property and the nearby hills, then showmanship and trail lessons. He is worked twice a day at least six days a week, about 20 to 30 minutes for most.

When I got him he was halter broke, and that's about it, was hanging out with the other yearlings in the pasture. He has been to three APHA shows, and has One Grand and One Reserve Open Halter Champion wins, 6 halter points, 3 in Amt and 3 in Open, and tobiano color points. Very excited to get the halter points because they are large classes here in Colorado with some nice halter geldings. He isn't a halter horse, obviously, but he is big and correct and the judges seem to like that.

From the day his previous owner put him on the trailer until now:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
He has come a long way. You really should be proud of the dedication you've had to him!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, CLaPorte, he's been a lot of fun - was hard getting him ready while finishing Daisy's show year as well - now she's getting fat and happy in the pasture while he's finishing up his year - then they both get to be fat and happy for a while :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.