The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know much about them - are they kind of crappy or do they do the trick okay?

I have a very nice english girth, but it doesn't DREAM of fitting around Claymore's big ol' belly. It's a 54 inch, and that's a good 6 inches shy of getting anywhere near close enough to get it buckled. I've found a few 60" girths, but boy are they pricey - more than I want to spend for something I'm not sure I'm going to stick with. I'm hoping this spring to get a good bit of weight off him, but hoping he will lose more than 6 inches might be a bit too much :lol: I don't want to buy another really expensive girth in case I don't decide to stick with english riding - if I decide I will, then I can spend the extra money. I was reading up about girth extenders, but I really don't know anything about them and I tend to be skeptical of such things - are they safe, do they throw balance off, etc. But if they are okay for a temporary fix, I'd rather spend 20 bucks to make it work for now rather than another 100 bucks on a new girth in case I change my mind. Opinions please?

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
562 Posts
hahaha i can only imagine what would come up if you googled "girth extender"

I personally love Dover saddlery, i find their products are of great quality, and im usually very happy with the prices

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.