The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just bought a wintec all purpose saddle 250 and my question is I can get any english girth? This is the one I want! Will that work for my Wintec saddle? Also how do you know what size girth to get where do you measure?

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
The english girth that you chose should work. For size well what I did was take a guess... I have never measured for a girth it was more just take a guess and try it on... but then again I was not buying off the internet..

What breed is your horse? how tall is he..
for example my horse is about 16 2 and 1100-1200 pounds and he wears a 50'
maybe a picture of your horse could help everyone take a guess

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She is 16hs and about 1200 lbs

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also she is QH paint

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
You meassure from one billet(around the third hole) to the other. Also, I would recomend shopping from Dover, their prices are lower!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Looking at her..(she is super cute) I would say a 48' or 50' she looks around the size girth wise as my horse and a 50' fits great on him.. It should work for her. Just to be sure check to see about there return polacy(sp?) just in case you need to get a different size. Anyway after me blabbing away I think a 50' should work for her. :)

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
^ you just said she needs a 50 foot girth! ROTFL! I'm thinking you ment 50"

·
Registered
200 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't fit. I have a Wintec and i bought a Wintec Elastic girth to go with it but i haaaated it. It was stiff and pinchy and it made the saddle slip. So i use 2 non-Wintec brand girths and they both work excellently.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Really? I use Wintec Girths and they work fine for me!

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I don't particularly care for Wintec girths either. But you can use any girth on a Wintec saddle. I would try Ebay before Dover. Yes, dover is cheaper than other places, but Ebay is my first-and-foremost go-to place. Also try www.tackoftheday.com they usually have some great deals!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for your help! Also I like to use Horse.com and Statelinetack.com They always have cheep items.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Is that a dressage saddle? It looks like it to me but maybe I am confused ... if it is then you would need a shorter girth.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Nope, it's an all purpose

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Because it's the love child of a dressage saddle and a jumping saddle. :)

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
haha well put Stormy. An all purpose saddle is designed to have the forward seat of a jumping saddle so you can get out of it when jumping, but have a deeper seat and longer billets and stuff like that :D

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
To measure for a girth, the saddle with a pad should be placed on the horse. A measuring tape is then used to measure from the middle hole of the billet on one side, under the horse's belly, to the middle billet on the other side.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.