The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any good, grippy gloves that are durable enough for fake nails? I love my acrylics, but I'm sick of going through so many gloves as my nails always poke through them within a short amount of time. I only buy the cheap ones because of my nails, but I'd like a nice pair eventually.

I've been eyeing the SSG hybrid riding gloves, but I'm not so sure they'll survive my fake nails.

·
Super Moderator
12,636 Posts
I would think those with reinforced leather tips and supergluing the seam at the very tip with a thin app of glue so there is still some flex. I wear gardening gloves to ride though. They work well for me. Plenty of breathability and leather where I want it. I also have a great range of motion and no restriction with them.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I think it depends on how long your nails are. Are they a natural length or more of a "Hollywood" length? The nails cause friction at the seam so reinforcing the seam may help or try going up a size in gloves to accommodate the length of your nails

·
Registered
241 Posts
Roeckles always survived my acrylics for longer than anything else. All I ride in still, I have four pairs on me at any given time AND you can wash them in the washing machine ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts