The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so here I'm going to post my art. Which can be anything. Photos, manips, doodles, videos. Whatever I feel like I want to post here.

First off is this:

Feel free to hit F11 (it will hide your search bar at the top and that way you can view it in the full screen). Now, this IS a photomanipulation. It is not a digital drawing, although it my seem that way. That is a picture of my horse Frazier, one I took of him the day I brought him home. He had a halter on with a metal chin on his shoulder from the leadline. I removed all of that. And I use GIMP, not that fancy shmancy Photoshop or even Picknik (however its spelled). Don't get me wrong, they're great, but I prefer me some cheap GIMP.

Up next:

This is another picture of Frazier. I cropped it to this point, upped the contrast, and made it black and white. I find it to be very dramatic. Its titled: I See Beyond The Horizon.

And another:

This is a picture of a horse named Maverick. I don't know the rider. It was snapped November 1st during the Lost and Found Horse Rescue Benefit Hack. I upped the contrast (major time) and converted it to black and white. I quite like it.

Lastly (for today):
I made this video after trailering to TMF a few weekends ago and practicing with Frazier. He did not much like getting good striding on any of those jumps. I know its the same jump over and over again but it took us forever to get a good striding. My horse is just too lazy =D

So that's it for today! Any questions, feel free to ask. And feel free to check out my youtube (screen name gogirl46 [big shocker]) or my deviantart (notanothermonday). Thank you for reading!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Those pictures are really good. I've never used GIMP. I tried to download it and my computer had a meltdown halfway through and I tried it again...same thing. I use Artweaver...I like the first one the most :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me too roperchick. Black and white can either be good, or bad. It really sows when something is bad.

jiblethead, I tried artweaver. I just love my GIMP I guess. I'm going to be making tutorials for GIMP as soon as I get a hypercam.

Icrazyaboutu, I'll certainly tell you. And I'll be opening them up semi-soonish. I have a list of small things I have to do first (tutorials and a native american video staring "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron")

Also, new photos up on my dA! Check it out: notanothermonday on deviantART <3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts