The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my sappy rant about weather or not I should lease my horses, I'm going to Germany for a month then I'll be back for a week and then im leaving again for a month then I'll be back for a week then be gone again for 2 weeks then be back for 1 week then gone again for a month. And I dont want my horses not doing anything for that long but I dont think I can trust someone for a half lease, I get so obsessive about there background, riding style, and then I start thinking are they going to beat my horse while im gone or will I returne and theyll have bad habbits etc. AARRG but I feel so bad about leaving them for so long without attention:cry:...I almost dont wanna go

HAHAHA its funny how posting this on a horse forum makes me feel so much better.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Do you board?

If so, you could do an on-farm lease so they BO and other boarders are always around to make sure your horses are being taken care of properly :)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I've known people who've insisted on whoever is leasing taking lessons with somebody they (owner) knows and trusts before and during the lease, to ensure safety/have them evaluated, if you could find somebody willing to do that...?

I'm going to Italy next year, only for 13 days, but I'm going to have somebody start leasing a month or so in advance so I can check 'em out.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Get references from their BO, vet etc.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm going to be away from my horse for the whole summer (possibly longer) and I'm getting a couple people to lease her.
It's going to be an on-site lease and they must take lessons. They were reccomended to me by my trainer and BO. I'm going to have them take a few lessons on my horse to make sure that they will click.
I decided to go with a a lease since I want my horse cared for and getting exercised. I know that her training level will decrease, but it will be better than her just becoming a pasture puff. ;)

If you so an online search, you can come up with different lease contracts and put together one that works for you. I hope you figure things out! I know how you feel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.