The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always loved and kept fish but just recently I've discovered goldfish keeping! I had thought that goldfish were super not exciting and that they were stayed tiny and all sorts of bad stuff. But then I joined a goldfish forum and oh man, did I learn stuff. haha

So two weeks ago I got my first goldie. His name is S.E.F., which stands for Special Ed Fish becuase he only has one eye. Haha

This is S.E.F.:

NO EYE!!! :shock:

Then I got two more yesterday, S.E.F. is so awesome that I had to get more. haha Their names are D.F. (Differently-gifted fish, she loves bubbles, ALOT) and B.F. (Brain Fish, he looks like he has a brain on his head).

D.F. is way more of a camera hog than B.F. so there're more pictures of her. haha

D.F.!

Fish butt! Haha

B.F.!

Anybody else like/have goldfish? =D

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
My goldfish wakes me up in the morning. No kidding. He practically jumps out of his bowl! O_O

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
SEF??? Ahah!! Nice... :D

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have a goldfish named Gill! We went through like ten other goldfish and he was the only one that survived x_x he started out all grey then turned pure orange and has now decided to turn grey again lol!
I will take a pic right now and post it :)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Wow I posted it already but it didn't show up lol
ETA- ignore the date x_x

BTW- can camera flashes kill them? o_O

Attachments

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sunny- Hahahahaha I can totally envision that. Goldies are hilarious. I caught myself talking to S.E.F. like he was a dog last night...then I realized that even though he acts like a dog, he is not, in fact, a dog. Lol!

Annalover- Gill is adorable! I love his black fin tips. Yay for survivors! o_O
My camera has flashed at my fish multiple times and none of them are dead yet. =) No worries.

I'm SUPER excited for this next week. I bought them a thirty gallon tank (from goodwill, for $20, o_O ) and S.E.F.'ll be moving in as soon as the filter I bought on ebay comes. The other ones will be moving in as soon as they are done with quaratine in 4 weeks. So excited!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
I've had fish in the past, they're so fun! I had Betas', and different sized Goldies. Unfortunately, my Beta (Addien [[Add-ee-in], all white with one gray dot) died, and I was so upset. Stopped fish keeping after that. He lived about a year, and was such a good pet as far as fish go. lol.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I used to keep gold fish... but I moved on to tropicals lol. My mom has a couple of fan tails down stairs... Huge... Messy fish haha. I'll stick with my barbs, cories, and clown loaches. :) Cute btw! Love S.E.F.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My stable-owners keep goldies too. 5 years ago they put 2 ones into their pond. Now they have got 100!!! :D

@ Wallaby: Great names. ahaha xD

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
No goldfish here, but I do have a Betta named Mr. Squishy :D Lol!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I have a goldfish named Bob, I'll try to get a picture tomorrow. He's quite... eh, round.. to put it nicely, lol.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I'm housing a 7" comet. I rescued him from some idiot that had him in a bowl O_O I have no idea how the guy survived, but his name is Biggie Smalls. Totally dropped his bowl too and he was all "OMGZ!!1"

But he's cool now. Residing in a tank at 75 degress with cichlids. I hate keeping him in with tropicals, but no one's wanted him and I can't make a pond for him right now. Come this spring? Biggie Smalls is gonna get a pimped out pond fo'sho.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.