The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering if the resulting foal would have good bloodlines if I bred my mare to this stallion.

My mares name is Wrangles Kooler : http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/wrangles+kooler

The Sires name is the Jewel Snipper : http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/the+jewel+snipper

Now I already posted a thread, in a different catagory (horse breeds) about my mares bloodlines and if they were good, but did not get more then 1 reply, so I will try posting here.

I am considering breeding to this stud, as I think my mare and him would be a good match. He is a sorrel, turning 19, and he lives only about 15 minutes away from me. I already entered a contest for a free breeding to him, and I am kind of hoping I win. If I don't win, I may not breed until next year.

Anyways, I will NOT be breeding for colour if I do breed, I will be breeding for bloodlines, disposion and mostly conformation. He is a shorter, stocky horse.

I have met him before, he has a great temperment. His foals are amazing and they excel in disiplines ranging from barrel racing to reining, to roping and cutting.

My mare is mostly cow/cutting bred.

Here is a picture of the stud. But I am here to mainly ask for thoughts on the bloodlines of these two horses resulting foal... good or bad?

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
I really like that stud's lines. The pic didn't show up though. If he's built as well as his lines say he should be, then I'd breed to him if I had a good enough mare.

Honestly, your mare's lines are rather unremarkable so the only decent lineage would be coming from the stud.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have a great picture of my girl yet, but here is an idea of her. This is the first say I had her. She is 15hh and has a nice disposion.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
ohhh, i dont like that stallion at all! long back, incredibly downhill. the withers/neck attachment. steep croup. eh, no thanks. not a stallion id ever consider breeding to. i think your mare is better than that stallion.

i do not recognize the stallions bloodlines...(or mares) except for a few big names too far back in the pedigree to make a significant impact on the foal. although i dont pay a whole lot of attention to QH lines unless they are race-bred lines.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: EliRose and smrobs

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Yeahhh, I have to agree with CLaPorte, not a fan of the stud's build at all. Too bad, I really do like his lines a lot. He's got some really big and impressive names all within 3 generations...but with his build, they should have "snipped his jewels".

·
Registered
246 Posts
I am also not a fan of this stud either. He has a decent show record, his bloodlines are great, but the stud himself is not a horse I would breed to. I have seen some of his colts (I'm not going to name names here), they turned out ok, just ok, not amazing, just average.

If you are wanting a colt from him, they are sending a few off his foals to the PQHB sale in Saskatoon.

Also on a side note your mares breeding, 3 generations back she has some bigger names, but nothing really up close that's to noteworthy. But I do like your mare's build better then that stallion, if you wanted to breed your mare, I would keep looking around.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, this stud is just down the road from where I live and I havemet him many times (I usd to work there) and he is a nice stud to work with and be around... but I dont know very much about conformation. I have also met alot of his foals and they are all very nice to be around, but if he does have that bad confo.... I will look around more.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
I certainly would look around more. He isn't a "trainwreck" per say, but your mare is much better then him and you need to produce a QUALITY foal, not just another "average" foal. Personality DOES matter, but there are plenty of stallions with both good conformation and a good demeanor. There is no point in producing another mediocre foal, there are already plenty of those horses out there.

Keep looking around and keep asking multiple people (HF) for opinions. We may not agree with you, but there are so many knowledgeable people on here and people that I really respect. If certain people here told me to run from X stallion, I would, no matter how much I liked him. Often I have rose colored glasses on when looking at a horse I really like, but after viewing comments...My vision becomes clear and I can see what others see, and beyond the good conformation points I see, and I see the bad too.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Agree with others about the stallion.

On a side note, I had a Peponita mare and she was WONDERFUL, very cowwy and athletic and great disposition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.