The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new saddle and came across this one on my local craigslist. i am going to look at it tomorrow afternoon. I am not sure about all the silver lol. It is a circle Y They are asking $200

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
I think with some good cleaning and polishing, that saddle is gonna shine!! :D

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Oh wow, yes, very good deal. Just make sure the tree is intact and there's no dry-rot or major leather cracking. If the saddle is in good shape, then it's definitely worth more than they're asking. Those older Circle Y's usually used real Sterling Silver too... ;-)

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
$200 for Circle Y is unbelievable deal in fact. I'd recommend to check the saddle all over. It's really cheap.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do I make sure the tree is intact and in good shape? I have always bought saddles from a tack shop. I know what to look for in leather.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so I just went back and looked at the ad. When you see the listing they have changed the price from $200 to $400 but when you click on the ad it still says $200. I don't think they realized how much they could get and then went back and changed it. I called right after it was posted so I should get it for $200 right???? Ughh people are frustrating. I guess I will see what they say.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Yes, they should honor the $200 price for you.

To test the tree, put the saddle on the groun, seat up, stirrups out to the side. Push down hard on the seat, pommel, and cantle. You should feel very little to no flex or movement.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Luvs!

I am taking my husband with me for reinforcements... Sometimes I am not to good at the confrontation thing. Good thing he is :)

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Good luck!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Hope you get it, that is an amazing price for a circle y, and that one even though it appears vintage looks to be in good shape. Another thing I was told to look for in the tree is to make sure that the seat is sitting straight and the flaps are the same length, but that may only apply to english saddles...

·
Registered
300 Posts
It's only a good deal if it fits you and your horse well, but if it does, it looks like a nice one:) Good luck and if you bring it home, congratulations!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Uh yeah we called the lady to tell her we were on her way and she was like let me call you back and never did. I think they saw how much interest they got in it and decided to get greedy. Whatever.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.