The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if this should go here, but I didn't think it would go anywhere else.

So I love to read, and although I usually don't read horse books, a friend just bought be Chosen By a Horse and it was amazing! Such a great book! Not only all the horse details, but so many life lessons, it really made me open my eyes.

Does anyone else have any good horse books to read?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Fiction - Dick Francis for sure.
Also if you're interested in jumping, foxhunting, etc, Shelley Peterson from Ontario wrote 3 incredible books - Dancer, Abby Malone, and Stagestruck (all follow the same characters). They're dramatic, mysterious, heartbreaking and FULL of horses! I loved them!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have heard really good things about dick francis! i will have to check him out.

and shelley sounds perfect for me! thanks a ton!!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
True Horse Stories- Steven C. Miller DVM
Riding Lessons- Sara Gruen
The Truth About Horses, Friends & My Life As A Coward- Sarah P. Gibson
Horse Whisperer
Heartland Series

·
Banned
1,994 Posts
canterwood crest or something :)
Chestnut hill

·
Registered
698 Posts
The God of Animals-Aryn Kyle-not really about horses but the main character lives on a horse farm, so there are a lot of horse scenes. Its beautifully written. The main character is a twelve year old girl who is dealing with the death of her classmate, her sister running off with a cowboy, and her fathers struggle to make their horse farm a success. I felt so much for the main character, she seems so real. The author really makes you feel the loneliness and isolation of this girls life. Its a really excellent book.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I loved reading the Thourghbred series. It has some 70 books in all not including the special editions and junk. I don't think they make them anymore..... but they were awesomely fun to read. It's about a girl raised on a small racing farm, then it moves on to her daughter.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The Horses Whisperer is probably my favorite book. Absolutely fantastic read. I just finished Sarah Gruen's Riding Lessons as well - that was pretty good.

Never heard of Shelley Peterson but will now go hunting for her books...always up for a good read!

·
Super Moderator
26,885 Posts
I am not sure if this should go here, but I didn't think it would go anywhere else.

So I love to read, and although I usually don't read horse books, a friend just bought be Chosen By a Horse and it was amazing! Such a great book! Not only all the horse details, but so many life lessons, it really made me open my eyes.

Does anyone else have any good horse books to read?
I bought this for one of my riders for Christmas this year. I'm glad to hear that it's a good book!

·
Super Moderator
26,885 Posts
True Horse Stories- Steven C. Miller DVM
The Truth About Horses, Friends & My Life As A Coward- Sarah P. Gibson
Horse Whisperer
Heartland Series
I did NOT like the horse whisperer. That crash scene was awful and I hated the ending. But what an awesome vividly detailed writer that man is.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I loved reading the Thourghbred series. It has some 70 books in all not including the special editions and junk. I don't think they make them anymore..... but they were awesomely fun to read. It's about a girl raised on a small racing farm, then it moves on to her daughter.
I loved those books when I was young. I sometimes see them in bargin bins and take them home to read them.

·
Registered
936 Posts

Horse Whisperer
Heartland Series
I love all of these books, Horse Whisperer is a LONG book so be prepared to have lots of reading time! I also love the all of the books that have the short stories in them as it gives me a place to stop reading and go to bed:oops:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.