The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL! Sorry about the confusing title! Anyway! I wanted everyones opinion on this saddle bridle and girth. They seem nice espesially for the price. Do you guys think these wold be a good buy?

Tackwholesale.com : Quality Tack & Equestrian Supplies : Flat Bridle Premium with Laced Reins - Derby Originals [14-1402]- Bridle

http://www.tackwholesale.com/girth-leather-chafeless-p-315.html-Girth

BATES WINTEC 500 / ALL PURPOSE/ENGLISH /JUMP SADDLE - eBay (item 110499504229 end time Mar-03-10 19:22:15 PST)

http://www.tackwholesale.com/premium-canvas-brown-horse-winter-blanket-with-wool-lining-p-1594.html -winter blanket(sorry had to add!)

Thanks everyone! In case you are wondering i am a hunter/jumper:D

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
I got a show halter from them once and it was COMPLETE junk. Just waste of money. And they gave just 7 days return time that time (may be it's changed now) and my show was in 10 days. All "engraved silver" was gone after the 1st show and I couldn't return it even. So I learned the hard way. :)

Remember, you get what you pay for except very rare exceptions (when you are just lucky). This place is not a rare exception.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I don't think that in the long run you would be very happy with any of that tack. It looks cheap and It won't hold up very well.
I would suggest buying used tack if you cannot afford nice new stuff right now.
They often have good brands for cheap that will still last through many years of use. If you get lucky craigslist will occasionally have some good stuff too.

·
Registered
956 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! this really helped! :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Beware of "no name" tack. I would rather buy used tack by a good, reputable brand than something like what you posted. Even though it may cost more, but if made well (and if you care for it properly), it can last for longer than horse's lifetime.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I purchased a cavesson Tack Solutions by Leslie a few months ago and was very pleased with the description, photos and pricing. FYI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.