The Horse Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sadly have to rehome my 9 year old, almost 17 hand Shire gelding, Elijah, for no fault of his own. I just dont have the time for him that he deserves. I've had him since he was 8 months old. I trained him myself using Parelli natural horsemanship methods. That's all he's ever known! He's mostly level 3/4. He is laid back, calm, gentle but loves to get up and go when you ask. His canter is amazing! I have had him at the camp I work at since 2014. I use him to lead trail rides and to do lessons for teens and adults. He loves attention and basically is a big dog- or so he thinks and acts. Lol. We ride him western and bareback. Normally with just a Parelli rope halter; sometimes with a cheap hackamore. He's also fine with a bit. We've been working on bridleless/carrot stick riding. He's doing great at that! He does good riding with other horses but also is great to take out alone. He's not barn or buddy sour. He also loves liberty and jumping but I haven't done too much jumping undersaddle. He's a joy to work with and be around and is so goofy. He's always making us laugh. He comes up to anyone who goes in the pasture and follows them everywhere and comes running when I call him (most the time 😉) he has excellent feet, especially for a draft- the farriers always say. He's always been barefoot and does great. He's good for farrier, vet and deworming, absolutely loves baths, easy to trailer load, good with dogs, ATVs, traffic. I had just started driving him several years ago but didn't kept up with it. He's in east TN, USA. I'm asking $20,000.Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
Horse Dog Plant Working animal Tree
Horse Eye Plant Working animal Tree
Horse Plant Flower Nature Tree
Tire Wheel Horse Land vehicle Vehicle
Horse Vertebrate Nature Plant Working animal
Horse Plant Working animal Tree Horse tack
Working animal Liver Livestock Grass Landscape
Horse Sky Vertebrate Working animal Halter

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much! I really appreciate that! In my research several his age sold for $15000 but they had much less training. A Shire mare with similar training sold at an auction for $35,000. It's more important to me that he goes to a good though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.