The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the videos :)
The bay is Costa, a 2005 Oldenburg Gelding
and the grey is Enrique, a 2002 Trakehner :)

Finally got the videos of my boys free jumping!
Costa:

And here's the grey beast:

Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
they both look so happy to jump !!

i love the last still of the bay =D

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Wow, your grey jumps effortlessly. He seemed to really enjoy that! Lol he was FLYING the last jump. Very nice videos!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, your grey jumps effortlessly. He seemed to really enjoy that! Lol he was FLYING the last jump. Very nice videos!!
He is a lovely jumper, most of the time :p One of these days I'd love to see exactly what he can do if he put some effort into it LOL

·
Registered
406 Posts
Costa and Enrique are both beautiful jumpers. Although I also agree with LoveStory10 about Enrique, he makes it look effortless. Lovely horses! :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Costa and Enrique are both beautiful jumpers. Although I also agree with LoveStory10 about Enrique, he makes it look effortless. Lovely horses! :D
Thank you :) I think I'm going to start jumping them a bit more than I have been, since they do seem to enjoy it :)

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Oh my gosh Kayla :shock: those jumps to Enrique are nothing! My vote now goes to him. He went over those like nothing. Are you going to pursue jumping again with him?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
They both look great! I love how they free jump effortlessly. I hate seeing people who have to lead their horses right up to the jump and chase them over. I like the grey more, in the last jump of the line he just kind of went all out.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Dressage :) I jump a bit, but nothing major
hehehe im going to sound like a totaly stalker but, ive seen you at dressage shows!! haha i looked at soem pictures you postedon other threads (i didnt specifically look at yours, i looked at them all :lol:) and i reconised your grey horse!! :D and back on topic: your bay is sooo cute! and like everyone else said... your grey makes jumping look effortless!! haha

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hehehe im going to sound like a totaly stalker but, ive seen you at dressage shows!! haha i looked at soem pictures you postedon other threads (i didnt specifically look at yours, i looked at them all :lol:) and i reconised your grey horse!! :D and back on topic: your bay is sooo cute! and like everyone else said... your grey makes jumping look effortless!! haha
haha, well hopefully you saw us at shows where we did well!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They both look great! I love how they free jump effortlessly. I hate seeing people who have to lead their horses right up to the jump and chase them over. I like the grey more, in the last jump of the line he just kind of went all out.
haha, a true free jumping setup doesn't give them all that much choice-that's why you see about 4 of us stnding around in the video; to make sure the horse actually gets to where he is supposed to be. I suppose they could plant themselves and refuse to jump once IN the chute, but we would likely be cracking the whip at them quite a bit if that happened.

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
All the horses I have that do dressage jump too. I have jumped GP horses as it really helps blow the cobwebs out. No horse is more sour than dressage horses who never leave a ring. Is it a risk? yes. But the mental health of any horse is worth it.

This mare did second level, did some eventing and loved to jump

When I lived in Colorado, this shaggy girl did prelim eventing, showed 2nd level, was schooling third, did pack trips into the backcountry and packed elk out of the mountains! No judges gazebo ever made her nervous. She would go to a show and say "is that ALL I have to do?"

The higher level horses I rode I didn't own. However, the owners let me jump them since they saw how important it was for them.

Sue Halez, when she was in NC also took her GP stallion and entered him in novice events. She said she didn't like it nearly as much as her horse did.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree Allison :) I'm lucky to board at a facility where the owner agrees to, and despite the fact that here horses are all competing at FEI levels, she still takes them out on the racetrack and gallops them, and occasionally takes them schooling cross country :) I think it is very important - and it gives the rider a break too from the same old stuff

·
Registered
925 Posts
Both of your boys are lovely! :) Gotta agree with everyone else- Enrique has such an effortless jump! I'd hate to be going against them in a jumping class. Haha, you should definately start jumping them! I'm jealous.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Wow....
I am love with your gray!!! I love the last jump! He looks like he is totally excited to be jumping....
Your a lucky momma to have your furry kids!
HP

·
Registered
502 Posts
Your horses are beautiful jumpers!
Their bascule and square little knees are great... but they also look like they really enjoy their job! I have to say, I love them both, but your grey (as stated above) really just floats over those jumps... :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
awh, thanks guys :) I'm pleased with both of them-they are both very different horses in terms of personality, but its good to see that they both have some degree of talent :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts