The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife ordered this inexpensive pet tracker. It goes on the cat (or dog) coller, pairs with your phone and you can locate pet, but only a 100ft range.
Then I checked and they make GPS trackers like this $50 one that has an unlimited range. It uses satellite triangulation and shows exactly where something is (ad says for unfaithful spouse or valuables).
Why wouldn't something like that be handy especially if your horse gets out a lot or easy, fast location if it gets stolen?
It's small enough to attach to halter.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I have one for my horse because he jumps fences and I trail ride alone. I attach a cord and then braid it into the center of the tail so I can be relatively confident it won't come unattached. That way it can be used in turnout.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
When Hondo was ranging around on 600 strung out acres, I had a SPOT attached to a collar with a breakaway in order to locate him in less than a half day for a two hour ride. It was pretty neat to look on my smart phone to see where he was. Sometimes he would disappear in a clump of trees but the track showed where he was when he went out of sight and was still easy to locate on the ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.