The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ricci is my measuring stick for how big Gracie is getting. Ricci is 15.2. This first picture is my two a few days after I got Gracie in April, at 7 months.

The second picture is [a very blurry one] of the two next to each other the other day, at 17 months.

She's still butt-high, but it kind of gives you an idea of how tall she's gotten since I got her. I know she's still small, and that she didn't grow that much, but I am still very proud of her. I'll have to check, but my guess is she is about as tall as my friend's pony, who is 13.2.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
That's cute! How tall are you hoping she will be? what are your plans with her?

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm praying she hits 14.2, haha. Mom is 14.3, dad is 14.2, but she seems like she's still clinging to that little tiny pony thing. We'll see. Unfortunately, I can't see us being very comfortable together if she doesn't get at least 14.2, I'm 5'7. And as far as plans with her... I don't really know, just get her started and find her niche and go from there, lol.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Just keep telling yourself quarter horses grow slower :p My friend has a almost 3 year old, at about 14 something. We're waiting to break him, in hopes he gets bigger.

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just keep telling yourself quarter horses grow slower :p My friend has a almost 3 year old, at about 14 something. We're waiting to break him, in hopes he gets bigger.
Hahah! I'll have to do that. I'm just going to will her to grow, or tie her to the ground and the sky to stretch her up a bit, haha. Jk, jk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts