The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine managed to make it down my road and up my driveway to come watch my son for me while I went out to clean Bonnies wound.

After it was all cleaned.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Glad to see of the location of it Tiff. Your mare is naturally pretty muscular. She looks a lot better than when I first saw those pics.

Infection is my concern now. Good thing it happened during the winter.

·
Registered
104 Posts
ummmm..... yuck that is kinda gross though I fell really sorry for your horse that must be really pain full

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
o man, that is narly. I would be freaking out lol. How bit is it? It looks way bigger than your hand!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Awww poor girl, I hope she heals soon. That would freak me out too reining girl! lol

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I have seen horses with wounds far more severe than that and they healed without even a scar. Keep it clean and it will be fine. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I can honestly say that I had a major melt down that day. I'm used to being able to haul a horse out of have a vet out at the snap of my fingers. I was more than fusturated. I even punched a couple of poor inanimate objects that day, and cried more than I have in a long time. LOL

There's no doubt she will have a scar but I think all in all she will come out okay and take better care of herself from here on out! :D I got to give the girl credit, I've only owned for a very short time and she doesn't really know me all that well but she's been a real sweetheart. I can honestly say she's been one of the more trusting horses that I've dealt with.

·
Registered
394 Posts
This is the same wound I'm assuming you posted on diff thread?

Wow..yeah seeing better pictures, no chance of stitching that lol.:lol:

I also was a little off on what area I thought it was...thought it was closer to the hip, and it looks not like a slice much more "chunked" out.

Keep using that cut heal, and it will heal in no time:D

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Esh, that looks ugly!!
It'll heal up pretty, I think. Khobain had something like much smaller, and Silver's was almost identical and he healed right up.
Freaking little trouble makers, eh??

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
OMIGOSH! Pistol had that exact same injury! In the same spot! I never did figure out what he did it on, there had been a storm and he was in the field. The next morning is when we found it, too late for stitches. I remember there was a spot that was so deep I could put my entire pinky in it. I will see if I can find a pic of his scar. It isn't bad at all really. It sweats which is funny in the summer, he has a stream of sweat that comes from it....

It looks yucky bad but keep doing what you are doing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.