The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
I was thinking the other day, what are some great songs/pieces of music to either ride to, or couple with a riding video?

What are you ideas? Feel free to add vids or song vids. Also, if you can think of a specific discipline that it would go great with, add that too!

For example,
I love Aerosmith's Back in the Saddle (Would be great for reining I think, with all the slide stops Etc)

I think Lady Antebellum's Own the Night would be nice for a trail, especially like loping a trail.

I don't normally like stuff like this, but I think it would be hilarious to do a dressage test to Macklemore - Thriftshop, mainly because the discipline is all "Stiff upper lip", and would just be a bit of a twist.
(<<<<CLEAN, don't worry!)

Johnny Cash's Walk the Line would be good for trail or maybe liberty work.

And Iggy Pop, The Passenger would probably also suit a nice trail.

What are your ideas?
Sorry it's such a random subject, and probably a little kiddy, buuut I always think when you can feel the horses rhythm and you can hear a song your head perfectly OR you hear a tune on the radio and think you could lope to it or something... I dunno XD

· Registered
934 Posts
OneRepublic- Good Life
We Owned The Night- Lady Antebellum

...Absolutely love those songs.
I'll add more when I can think of some, lol.

· Registered
213 Posts
Not much of that music is my style, I like rap/hip hop but you can't go wrong with rock though I prefer the new stuff.

Although it is indie rock if I could somehow ride to/find a video with "Female Robbery" by The Neighbourhood it would make my week.

I dont make videos but watching a video with bad music distracts from the horse. I like listening to rap and watching dressage videos, if you can time the beat right it looks awesome! I've always wanted to listen to music while I ride to see if the tempo changes how my horse works (faster tempo faster pace, slower tempo slower pace) but I keep forgetting to bring out a radio!

· Registered
1,179 Posts
Omg, I have a whole playlist to ride to!

Marchin' On by One Republic

Rocks by Imagine Dragons

Comes and Goes by Greg Laswell

The Legend Begins by Audiomachine

Iridescent by Linkin Park

Booty Swing - Parov Stelar

I Am Not A Robot - Marina and the Diamonds

Stronger - Kelly Clarkson

1, 2, 3, 4 by Plain White T's

· Registered
611 Posts
I love playing music while on the trail and in the ring. Just yesterday I was listening to the chorus of the song "Jump" by Van Halen just as we were jumping over a log. I thought it was a cute coincidence. Holly, I don't think your topic is juvenile at all. I have a 500 song playlist on my iPhone that I just love to shuffle the songs and see what happens!

· Registered
6,302 Posts
All you artsy types could certainly use 'Run for the Roses' (Dan Fogelberg) and the old standby 'Rawhide' (Frankie Laine) in videos. I'm obviously an ol' man....
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.