The Horse Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone - this is Saranda speaking and I'm a 25yo horse fan from Latvia. I mostly do natural horsemanship, through which I learn and practice what I like the most - bonding with my horse, trail riding, English pleasure, a bit of jumping, a little of this and that. :) The important things for me is keeping my horse fit, happy and interested, so it does not matter which discipline we "belong to", the only thing that truly matters is our relationship. I've been into passively into horses since I was a child, however, my parents didn't let me practice riding because they feared the possible injuries, but now I'm all grown up :lol: and have been training for almost two years now. That isn't much, but I've got a whole world ahead. :)

As for my horse - well, Snickers (Snikers in Latvian) is a very special friend of mine. I first met him when he was about 4yo, green broke, very pushy and dominant, a true LBE. And that day I understood that he is my horse, no matter what, and that such horses are met once in a lifetime. However, his characteristics did not fit my skills, so I just adored him from a distance and did some groundwork with him, monitored by an instructor in the barn I used to learn my first skills. As the time passed, I grew more and more attached to him, and soon it started hurting even to think about him being sold to someone or having to work in a riding school with kids who kick his sides and pull by the halter. I started leasing him and did so for a couple of months (since October 2011), and yesterday, thanks to the encouragement of some of my friends who are also experienced riders and horse trainers, I bought him. It is a dream come true and I can't express how happy I feel for this decision. I've done the right thing, though both of us still have much to learn - he's not exactly green, but he is still young and still in training. But it is visible that he likes and respects me as much as I do in return. :)

Today he is an almost 6yo and 16,2" Latvian Warmblood gelding, bay with a white star. To be honest - visually he is not exactly my type of a horse, but his character and his heart are what make him my perfect boy that he is. :)

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. :)
One of the goals in my life is to visit Canada one day. Seems like a great country.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.