The Horse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to the boards!

Name is Sarah. I'm in my late twenties, and have trained a good handful of horses, taking them from untouched youngstock to just basic trustworthy riding horses. I have not spent much time in the show atmosphere, and after a few years of being horseless I recently acquired a wonderful 3 yr old untrained APHA BS mare. She is the nicest looking and best bred horse I have ever owned and my plans are to train her and hopefully show her a bit before selling her.

I'm not terribly familiar with APHA/AQHA things, having most of my advanced riding and show experience in the NSH/HA arena. I'm here to educate myself and get to know some friendly people with stock horse experience. Of course I'm quite pleased to talk to anyone about training in general, SB, NSH, or other gaited breeds, or farriery, since I'm also trained as a farrier and work pt as a trimmer.

I'm pleased to meet everyone on the boards! ^_^

Sarah

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. You sound very ambitious - you will go far! Hope you enjoy this Forum, there are alot of very interesting topics and people from around the globe to learn from. I learn something new everyday!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I have paints spotted and BS. I love them a lot. I have started showing my 3 year old paint filly this year. She is a home bred. Meaning my stud and my mare are her parents. I might pick your brains on some training questions if you don't mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts