The Horse Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
He looks A LOT better!! Good luck with getting the rest of the stuff off of him. He's owners sound kinda picky. (no offense to them)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I thought about doing a dry bath but I don't know of any good dry bath cleansers for horses. Can you guys recommend one?

Oh, and HunterJumperGirl, no offense taken. His owners really are not that picky. I've talked to them and they have given me permission to do anything I want with him. It's just that Pride is very green and there are only certain things I think he would tolerate. Plus I don't own any clippers anyway so I wouldn't be able to body clip him even if I thought I could. I'm going to trim his bridle path and ears using scissors, I think that is the best I'll be able to do. I was going to pull his mane but no one sells pulling combs around here! I'm just going to do a running braid for the final pictures, hopefully that will help.

Jubilee

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
for his trimming his whiskers, I would suggest using a razor (like one you would use to shave your legs) and I would use scissors that have blunt tips incase he isn't too cooperative.

For shampoos, I love the mane and tail shampoo. I like the way it cleans my horses (I have a grey so in the summer I try to keep him clean) and I like how soft and such it leaves them when they dry. You could also try quic silver, it's a whitening shampoo. Just don't leave it on too long or it'll turn Pride purple!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
use Fanciful (i think that is how you spell it) .. it's old lady grey hair shampoo ... you can get it at Longs (a drug store)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Well, I finished the project. I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do but I ran out of time. The results weren't as dramatic as I wanted them to be but he still looked good. It has been way too cold to bathe him so that never happened.

I hope you like how he turned out. Here are some before and after shots:

Before

After

Tell me what you think,

Jubilee

·
Registered
45 Posts
He looks WWWWAAAYYY better!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Yeah, I wanted to pull his mane but I couldn't find a pulling comb anywhere! I checked every store in town that sells take supplies and I couldn't find one.

Jubilee

·
Registered
45 Posts
You could've maybe ordered one from online.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Thanks! It had fun doing it.

Jubilee

·
Registered
100 Posts
jubilee, i have a question. i'm trying to eventually work with horses, but i have no idea what to major in that would be right for my situation. what are you majoring in?

41 - 55 of 55 Posts