The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
No offense to your horse, but he does have some diff. looking feet:)

·
Registered
956 Posts
his heals look long... like they are at a completely wrong angle

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, especially her near side front, club foot...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you look at the third photos, she has a sway in her foot. she looks like she has a banana foot...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it looks like a banana foot
ill have to get the photo from the right angle

oh and possibly wash her feet

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
I think the horse has upright pasterns and cutting the heals down will do nothing for him. He looks choppy to ride.
The shadow is really making the pictures hard to make out

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
she has very upright pasterns, we arent chopping the heels down??

she is not choppy at all... :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's hard to tell with these photos. Get some new photos from ground level straight on, sides, and the sole. The heals appear to be underrun some and longish toe - but it's hard to tell from these pictures.

·
Super Moderator
23,632 Posts
Not the best pics to tell much(club foot??), but what is obvious is she has flared(disconnected) walls and quite high, contracted looking heels. She very likely has 'upright' pasterns *because* of her high heels. I would suggest you learn about hoof function and anatomy, and the factors that effect them, to learn where your farriers have gone wrong & how to correct it.

If you were to send some pics of her feet on the ground from near ground level, front- & side-on and a few solar pics of various angles(pref bare, pre & post trim), along with some info on her management, work, soundness etc, myself and others here that know their stuff could give you a more detailed opinion/advice, if you like.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.