The Horse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a lesson with my new trainer after letting G settle in and getting myself over having shingles due to stress from work.

I got lots of videos. This was her first ride in the new arena and lots was going on between a turkey being put in with chickens, 5 baby goats playing and leaping around and the two donks rubbing all over the neighboring fence....for all of that she was amazing we just spooked at the box in the corner of the arena...that's been there since we arrived :icon_rolleyes:

We kept it simple, walk trot canter. I recently switched bit from a waterford full cheek to a 3 piece dog bone egg but and she LOVED the new bit. She had been in the waterford due to racing through my hands in the trot and canter and still learning how to steer and change rein through circles.

I am going to start doing yoga daily again and loosen my shoulders up, strengthen my core.
I need to work on sitting straighter in the saddle I know i am very lop sided. ( I have less feeling in my life lower limp hip down due to a riding accident so its gotten pretty bad, my elbows resemble chicken wings, I need to sit up and back in canter more than I am, seeing the video for sure helped that aspect. but hey for someone who hasn't been in a lesson for a hot minute!? NOT TOOO BAD.
I wish I had a before video but I don't.

Here are the videos!!

Reactions: JoBlueQuarter

·
Registered
49,450 Posts
I think you're doing great!!! and your instructor sounds very knowledgeable and observant, with good , concrete directions. Tons of potential in that horse.

The ONLY thing I saw was at times you did not offer enough outside rein. But, seriously, I couldn't ride half that well.

She's a lot of horse, too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, yes my outside arms still seems to get stuck at times and with my body twisted it makes it worse, I am hoping daily stretches and yoga and more lessons to become more aware and videos will kick that habit!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts