The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
I'm gonna say QH. He looks a lot like a TB but they don't come in dun, so a very elegant QH it is! Def looks more TB/warmbloody in some pics and more... something else in other pics lol.

·
Registered
262 Posts
How old is he? I would say TB or some kind of warmblood but I'm not the best judge of more English type breeds. Beautiful colour!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
976 Posts
Quarter horse. Possibly appendix but definitely QH. Op the reason they probably call him a sorrel or chestnut is because if a sorrel/chestnut is shaved they tend to get the dunish look to them. It makes their coat look less dark and some clip jobs leave their legs unclipped and it creates the whole dun effect.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I'm going to guess Quarter Horse. He is fine boned like a TB, but reminds me more of a Quarter Horse. Lovely color and eye! Looks like a sweet boy!

·
Registered
964 Posts
His hindquarters doesn't look QH to me, almost looks like a Tenessee Walker or something but I'm sure he wouldn't be jumping like that if he was.

What about Standardbred, do they come in dun?

·
Registered
13 Posts
He looks like a Quarter until you see the tiny butt... I'm still going to say Quarter, though. The head looks exactly like a Quarter I know. Beautiful coloring as well!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha alrighty guys, yes he is a Quarter Horse. :) I have had soooo many people think he is a Thoroughbred though! It's crazy!

PS - To whomever said that he looks sweet, he is. Sometimes. :-D He's a great, steady ride and has saved my butt more times than I care to admit. Really, he's kind of cheeky I guess lol.

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
Quarter horse. Possibly appendix but definitely QH. Op the reason they probably call him a sorrel or chestnut is because if a sorrel/chestnut is shaved they tend to get the dunish look to them. It makes their coat look less dark and some clip jobs leave their legs unclipped and it creates the whole dun effect.
Interesting. That c ould be it.

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
Haha alrighty guys, yes he is a Quarter Horse. :) I have had soooo many people think he is a Thoroughbred though! It's crazy!

PS - To whomever said that he looks sweet, he is. Sometimes. :-D He's a great, steady ride and has saved my butt more times than I care to admit. Really, he's kind of cheeky I guess lol.
Whoot! He is TB looking, not your traditional QH look. Nothing wrong with cheeky :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I love that he looks all TB because I'm not a huge fan of the chunky style QH (for English riding anyway lol) nor do I like the Appendix - I have an Appendix, but it seems like they are built very oddly.

Haha, no, there's nothing wrong with cheeky. We've learned to understand each other. It's nice to basically be able to trust your horse but still have that quirky personality. I feel as if most bombproof horses are just so plain and boring. But not this guy. :)

Obviously, I could talk about him all day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.