Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol, just for fun. I'll tell you if the next 3 people guess wrong.:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
PaintxArabian? Don't know if they have a breed for that though.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PaintxArabian? Don't know if they have a breed for that though.
Still no. Farther away this time, It's a purebred horse. I also think that's called a Pintabain. But I don't know for sure. 1 more guess for whoever wants to.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Arab...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Still no. Farther away this time, It's a purebred horse. I also think that's called a Pintabain. But I don't know for sure. 1 more guess for whoever wants to.
I figured it being a purebred horse would have been too easy, so I figured it was some type of Arab cross.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope! Quarter Horse, here's a body shot that makes it look fairly obvious. If I hadn't known I probably would've guessed Arab too lol.
Reined Cowhorse bred, 2 yr old filly by Topsails Reinmaker.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
I was under the impression that to be a Pintabian it had to be tobiano?

Anyway, adorable QH. I definitely would have though Arab from that headshot!

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
According to Wiki
"The Pintabian horse is a breed governed the Pintabian Horse Registry, Inc.[1] These horses carry over 99% Arabian blood but also exhibit the tobiano color pattern, which is not a color pattern found in purebred Arabians.[2] The registry began using the term "Pintabian" in 1992 and trademarked the word in 1995.[3] which is the official registering authority for Pintabian horses worldwide."

They do need to have color it says further down.

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
Not entirely true. Any breed of horse can exhibit pinto markings. However, paint is a breed. Paints are mostly QH/stock horse breeding, but can have TB breeding as well. Therefore, all paints are pintos (except breeding stock paints), but not all pintos are paints.

For example, my gelding is half Percheron and half paint (his sire is an APHA stallion). He is considered a pinto because he is not registerable with the APHA, as he has draft horse in him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: That Friesian
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.