1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14,644 Posts
Leopard Appaloosa.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Looks like a little fella to me. Some refinement going on in the face, tail set out. I think it's a pony, but it's not a pony like the POA, which may tend to be on the stockier built side. I think it may be something called the British spotted pony, though I admit this is a new breed to me.

I don't think it's other pony breeds that can come in leopard, like the falabella based on the build, but who knows you can make anything look like anything with the right gettup.

So my guess is chestnut leopard spotted British spotted pony!

·
Registered
14,644 Posts
Shoot, sorry my phone is being silly and won't let me post pictures right now.

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope! Lepord appaloosa!

Where did you get that photo? It looks so much like a knabstrupper. They do look like Appaloosa horses. Was that your horse?

Here's a picture from a google search of a knabstrupper.
View attachment 991863
I typed in pictures of lepored appaloosa, I hit on a pic it said on the side lepored appaloosa. It looks like one to me. Here is a lepored appaloosa.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
I am sure Knabstruppers and appaloosas are practically the same.
They are not the same type of horse, they just share a color pattern. I believe Knabstruppers are a light driving horse breed. Appaloosas used to be quite different than they are now, more coarse stock-horse type, now they are Quarter Horses with spots. Of course Quarter Horses have also changed ....

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
A bit off topic but the Nez Perce tribe is crossing Appaloosas with Akhal Tekhes to try to resurrect the original native type, which apparently was leggy, fast, and enduring. After all they were used for warfare and bison hunting ...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.