The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what he is but I want you to have fun guessing. I'll let you know when you guess it right. This is an eight year old gelding. He is 15 hands tall. I'm not sure on his weight but as you can see he doesn't miss any meals.:oops:. He is fiery and bossy in temperament and the alpha of our small herd. Introducing Lord.

Attachments

·
Registered
987 Posts
He has some draft in him.

·
Registered
723 Posts
im gonna guess clydesdale and quarter horse cross

·
Registered
987 Posts
How many of the breeds have we gotten right?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
one correct breed has been mentioned. I'm not counting draft because it is a type not a breed.

·
Registered
987 Posts
shire? his neck resembles them.

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
I would've guessed what's already been posted....just wanted to say that he is ADORABLE!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He does totally look like an over grown pony! You are right though He does not have any pony breeds in him. He has a double mane in parts and an enormous forelock. Sometimes I forget he has a star underneath it. He is adorable but I think he prefers to be called handsome as he takes himself very seriously.

He is my husbands riding horse. My husband is 6'1" and he carries him effortlessly.

Ok another clue his father was a draft horse, his mother was a mix of two riding breeds.

There is no quarter in the mix. All though quarter horses were a mix of many breeds including draft. which is probably why he resembles one.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh and out of all the breeds that people have listed so far two are correct but one is still missing.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay super big clue! Here is a baby picture of Lord he is only a month old. He is so tiny it is hard to imagine the man standing behind him would ever be able to ride him. In the background is his mom. It was an accidental breeding. We bought the mare and colt as a package deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay now all three breeds have been mentioned. Now knowing what I've told you... who can guess the three breeds? Come on breed detectives you can do it.

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
Here's my guess....Morgan/TB/Clyde

1 - 20 of 27 Posts