The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG!!!! My dad said that he would "think about", getting a horse awhile after we move in our new house. But guess what?? We went up to the property today, and he started pointing out where the fencing for the pasture would be:shock: I was so shocked! I guess my aunts,cousins,and uncles, nagging him to get me a horse is working!!!:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
That's great!!!! I hope it all works out for you!!

·
Super Moderator
23,647 Posts
Lucky you!:D Not assuming you know nothing at all - how would I know, but start doing your homework now - there's always lots to learn, whether you're new to horses, getting back into it, had them all your life.... :D:D

·
Registered
161 Posts
You must be beyond excited! I know you are researching everything you can about caring for a horse, I think that's wonderful.. now I want to know if you are researching exactly what kind of horse you are going to get? Mare or Gelding? Older or young? Green broke or bomb proof? What breed? There is a lot to learn about all that as well! I'm biased towards a TWH Gelding.... but that's just me... :p

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You must be beyond excited! I know you are researching everything you can about caring for a horse, I think that's wonderful.. now I want to know if you are researching exactly what kind of horse you are going to get? Mare or Gelding? Older or young? Green broke or bomb proof? What breed? There is a lot to learn about all that as well! I'm biased towards a TWH Gelding.... but that's just me... :p
To answer your questions...I would love to have a mare or a gelding:) I dont want a horse over 18. I kinda want in between green broke and bomb-proof, i am just really tired of riding horses that are robots and know everything:D I really like these horses..
Buccaneer Bay - NEW INFO!

DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1457068 - Tyler

I really want to find a decently priced hunter/jumper mare...

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Oooh, are you in MI or OH? My BO has a couple horses up for adoption that are like intermediate rider horses and one or two of them would make good hunter/jumper prospects.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am right on the borderline of MI/OH. As long as they are not over $1200ish...i wouldent mind taking a look...if you could PM me some pics that would be great:)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
That's awesome!! I know exactly how excited you are right now! It's life-changing. I don't know what I would do without my girl. Sounds like you're going to experience that very soon. :) have fun researching, shopping, and picking out names!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
190 Posts
Congratulations!!! I remember when my Dad told me he was going to get me a horse! I remember the exact day,time, and everything even though it's been almost 6 years.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I see that you are still interested in the horse I showed you :D Good!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks so much for showing me him..i <3 Tyler!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.