The Horse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am guessing the following at Citrus' conformation- feel free to gently add the bad along with the good and remember this is the love of our horse world. Let me know if I am correct.

Not so good-He looks front heavy- very muscular. His front legs look camped under. His back looks long. His neck ties in low in the front and lumpy at the withers.
Good-He looks to have a lot of bone in the back legs. His pasterns are not too long, not too short. He has straight legs. His tail is set nice and low. His head tapers. His ears may be a bit big but are at a nice spot on his head. He has a large gentle eye.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he looks good (= the only thing i see is that his hip sticks up a bit.
Thank you thank you thank you for being nice. I was nervous that someone would rip him apart :)

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Not too bad. He is downhill a bit. He is also pretty angular; his shoulder and croup are pretty steep. His back legs also seem kinda posty. Looks like a good using horse, but would probably travel pretty rough. As for being camped under on the front, that may just be the way that he is standing; i.e. loose in the pen as opposed to squared up by a handler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts