The Horse Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Wow! Your horse charged at a bear? I'm pretty sure mine would have unseated me and headed for the hills! :lol:
It's not the four legged predators that worry me, but the two legged. I ride alone a lot and in very remote areas. I've run across a few guys that gave me the willies. Fortunately not problems, but I do have a side arm that I can bring along on such rides. I keep it strapped to me, won't do me any good if I get separated from my horse and it's on the saddle.

Get the permit.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I saw a quote that said that gun control advocates believe that the woman that gets raped and murdered in an alley is morally superior to a woman that defends herself with a handgun.
I'd like to take the idiot that came up with that behind the woodshed and show them a little "moral superiority"!:evil:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Well, if this is the argument that anti gun is taking to further their arguments for gun control it is the lamest I've heard yet!

We all know that the law abiding citizens are not the issue. And if any predator came near me....well let's just say I'll save the taxpayers from the expense of a trial!

Okay, blood pressure is back down to normal...let's continue with the original topic, sorry for the side rant.:wink:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Wild Spot, that's fine, knowing yourself and what you are comfortable with and not. At this stage in your life , this is how you feel. When I was younger, I felt the same way, even though I was raised around hunting, target shooting and skeet shooting (which I was good at).

Now at this stage in my life along with my life experiences, I have no qualms about carrying a gun when riding in remote areas alone. Like I said earlier, if I am parted from my horse, I would prefer to have some protection from both 2 and 4 legged predators.

Freedom of choice is something we have here in the states, and we are fierce about it, including the right to bear arms. If a fellow citizen does not desire to, that is absolutely fine, it's about choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.