The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
gypsy jumped her first line today & her first vertical =D im so proud of her !

there is music so you may want to turn your sound down =P

it was 3 trot poles spaced 5ft apart to a xrail, 60ft to the vertical

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks =]
i can tell she loves it already, she gets so happy/excited after she jumps, its cute

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks obsessedhorselover =]

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, i really am happy with how easy it was for her, when its just poles on the ground she tends to get squirrelly, but with both up as fences she was super straight, i guess she was just waiting for the challenge =]

gypsy also made a woman at my barns day. she used to be a trainer but she stopped for various reasons including injury. she was really into hunters & jumpers & everytime she sees me ride gypsy she says 'she wants to be a hunter !' she would probably do well at that, but it would be too boring for her, i know she wants to be an eventer =P i took the original sound out of the video because she was ohhing & ahhing everytime gypsy went over a jump haha

im so proud of my baby =D

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
she is cute. What kind of horse is she, how old. I envy you people that jump. I miss jumping sooo much. I tried to jump my mare last nite and she refused and face planted me and I got a bad bloody nose.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats terrible !! im sorry =[

gypsy is hanoverian/tb, she is coming 4yo, thats why i am keeping the jumps so low for her. she was so excited to ride today ! but she seemed sort of put out when she realized we werent jumping, the indoor gets so boring !

my 21yo horse on the other hand got to go over some ground poles & cavaletti today [bareback with a halter & lead rope of course] & he totally ran away like a little maniac ! he gets so excited when i jump him over poles or tiny jumps bc hes normally just jumping with beginners & he knows not to run away with them...me on the other hand, i just laugh at him =P

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Hey that was totally cute! You two look great! She really seems like she is having a good time and payinng attention to what she is doing!
Exciting when a rider and their mount are growing and learning!
hp

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks both of you ! =]

if you cant tell im totally in love with her haha

·
Banned
593 Posts
shes limping after that verticle.. right when she lands replay it.. shes hopping off the inside hind pretty bad. maybe its just me but it dosen't look right.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
That was wonderful! Well done. How long has she been jumping, cuz that was GOOD!!! Aw I love how her ears pricked, and she popped over them heehee

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
shes limping after that verticle.. right when she lands replay it.. shes hopping off the inside hind pretty bad. maybe its just me but it dosen't look right.
thats not limping, she was just on the wrong lead

·
Banned
593 Posts
her inside hind leg was springing as if it were hurting her. wrong lead or not. im just saying what i see.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
actually i was thinking about it & i remember the first time we went over it she clipped in with her hind hoof thats probably why she lifted her leg so high, that what she does if she clips a trot pole too. she is very expressive with her legs

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.