The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting one! ANyone have any pics of theirs? I pmed her but have no patience, lol :) . Any reveiws would be helpful. From what I've heard they're:
plush
awesome
between $30-$50 without shipping, depending on if you buy the cinch with it.
awesome(again,lol)
cute
friendly and fast to make/ship

Anything else? :p

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
I just adore how comfy mine is! On Monday I went out to see my girl and I realized that since I got mine (maybe 2-3 weeks ago?) I haven't ridden in a saddle at all, and I've been riding 2-3 times a week. Hahahaha
When I rode in a saddle on Monday I realized how much my balance has improved (and I already had pretty good balance) over just 2 weeks ago when I hadn't ridden bareback much because I was worried about getting dirty (I ride in between classes and don't really like having bareback butt at school, haha). That has nothing really to do with the specific pad but it's just a benefit I've noticed. =D

They're kinda like sleeping on a mattress pad covered mattress after sleeping on a really old mattress your whole life. haha

Here's Lacey in her adorable pad:

It was well, well worth the money, imo. =)

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wallaby, what are the designs on there? I think I want mine in blue and purple or something, since I sold my pony to get a bigger horse, and I don't know if I'll get a mare or gelding yet, and...........yeah.......... lol

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
They're turtles! Hahaha And stars and weird, funny little circle things.

GT was super helpful with picking out the fabric. I basically told her that I wanted something girlie and cute, in pink or green or purple and BOOM two days later she sends me all these pictures of super cute fabrics. The hardest part was choosing the one I liked the best. haha But I think this one pretty much exactly fits the personality of me and my girl.

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What, randomness?lol........ Oh, I see the turtles now! lol :)

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I am ordering one now, just trying to decide on a fabric!! She sent me a bunch of samples within days of me giving her an idea of what I wanted :) She's very friendly and easy to work with so far, I'll let you know how it goes and put pics up when I get it!!

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Those pads look really great. What about slipping off the round horse? Do they hold on really good? That was my biggest concern when I was looking for the bareback pad for my qh.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Those pads look really great. What about slipping off the round horse? Do they hold on really good? That was my biggest concern when I was looking for the bareback pad for my qh.
My horse is very round as well (also a QH) and has no withers either and bareback pads stay put on her pretty well :)

Of course, I've ridden her with a saddle pad under my butt and nothing holding it on and it stayed put as well ;-) To ride bareback, you need to have a very good seat anyway, so likely it won't be slipping off the horse as long as you do...it's just there more for cushion/comfort for you and your horse.

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
My girl is a pretty typically round Arab and I haven't had any issues with it slipping around on her. I've only taken a few strides of trot while sitting on it so I don't know how it does when you canter or something but I haven't had any issues with slippage at the walk, even up and down hills/doing lots of circles and stuff that would make my saddle slip.
It does kinda slide to one side when I get on but I think that's me, not the pad. haha

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I just have to say that she is awesome. I am being super difficult with picking out my cloth and she is being really great about it. I like everybody's that I have seen but I want something classy that I am not going to get bored with or grow out of. I can't wait to finally find that perfect pattern and love it.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Thanks, folks! Good to know they don't slip - I'll keep these pads in mind when I'll be shopping for one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.