The Horse Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This mare has been such a pleasure to work with... Saying she is "willing to learn" is an understatement. You can tell she just LOVES learning. 6 years old and unbroke when she arrived, she took a couple of days to settle, and during this time it was killing me to give her, her space and allow her to relax. I was so excited to get moving on my new project named "Frenchie." The first few times we worked together I realized how eager she was to learn, her eye always on me, I could just see the gears spinning in her head, trying to figure out my next request. I guess after 6 years of being a pasture ornament its possible you'd get bored and wonder just how interesting life outside of the pasture could be? She did every single thing I asked her to do, at first with some hesitation and a bit of confusion, but once she understood, you better believe we were flying through training sessions like crazy! lounging with a long line, CHECK! Free lounging in the round pen and stopping and spinning by hand signals, CHECK! Saddled and bridled (head set) free lounging, walk, trot, canter, CHECK. The next step was a rider.... that went just as well as the rest. This mare is an amazing creature with such elegant movement and a powerful stride, along with the mind and willingness to learn. She will someday make someone a wonderful, wonderful ride, whether it be in the ring or on the trails. I am very blessed to have had the opportunity to work with her. It is so rewarding to know that I have made a difference in this horses life and I was able to show her what it's like to be that special ride. I hope you enjoy the photos!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
What a beautiful girl! You can tell that she knows she's a pretty girl. She is going to make a stunning mount.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'm horse shopping and secretly dying for a horse this color w/ the black and white hair.. not too stocky.. I've seen some prospects but they are always too young or too untrained for me.. but man are they tempting! So cute. Congrats!

Reactions: Bird08

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm horse shopping and secretly dying for a horse this color w/ the black and white hair.. not too stocky.. I've seen some prospects but they are always too young or too untrained for me.. but man are they tempting! So cute. Congrats!
She can be finished before she is shipped to you! :) She is very smart and heading off for 30 days of professional training next week. I have started her but do not have time to finish her properly. If you're interested let me know! I posted her on the "horses for sale" page.

·
Registered
486 Posts
ah! I knew I saw her picture before! She's the half arab.. (which I love mostly because we have a great one at our barn, but I know they can sometimes be a little hot..)

You're in Florida right? I'm going to Florida in Feb.. but to east coast (Landing in Orlando and my parents are in Palm Coast). My opinion is that I'd want a horse that had been under saddle for at least a few years and very broke. I've only been riding for a year and half and while I'm entirely submerged in it that still isn't very long in the horse world!

That said, if you have more videos and pictures I'd be happy to drool over them and consider them. How much is the full training boot camp per month in Florida, just out of curiosity. It has to be cheaper than here...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gossalyn, probably a good idea to get a well traine horse vs a green one! Board/training here varies depending on breed, discipline etc. some places are $300 a month and some can be over $1200 a month! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts