Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else use it?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yeah i used to use it all the time.
It was great to help put a little weight on our horses. Keep them nice and plump in the winter. Our older horse (32+) really benifited from it too.
I always used the stuff .

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Love it!! It's a fantastic feed, but I wouldn't feed it as the only source of 'hard feed'. I've see nthat have detrimental affects and the horses lost alot of weight. I always feed it with other types of hard feed and it does wonders.
Also non-heating, so have used it on a few ottb's that were so easily heated up by alot of other feeds, and considering its derived from a sugar, it didn't heat them up at all.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
I use it - Swapped to a non-grain diet and now speedi-beet is the main hard feed I use - I also mix it with Copra for more energy for my show horse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used to use it all the time with my old TB, fab stuff!! I just mixed it with chaff and she kept her weight really well through winter... she was an unusually good doer for a TB though :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use speedy beet, I am old enough to remember when beet had to be soaked over night so it's miraculous tohave it ready so quickly, It's non heating and, as my mare is pretty hardy and not doing much work I use it as a welcome home sort of thing along with a selection of vegetables, carrots, brassicas, apples, pears etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts