The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dyed my hair like 2 years ago, trying to match that color to my roots, now my ends are this color....

and my "au natural" hair color/roots are this color....

i want my natural color back but waiting for it to grow out is killing me. no the question is what do i do?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Um, you could bleach it and re-dye it, but that would probably fry your hair. My suggestion would be to go to a professional and maybe have them foil your hair. Add in darker "lowlights" and maybe some highlights. You'd most likely disguise it. :)

I'm no expert, but that's what I would do :)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I have the exact same problem, I try to dye it back to a colour close to my natural colour but after about a month it ends up being light reddish brown again. It's driving me crazy. :?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Color your hair to match your natural color. :)

·
Banned
807 Posts
when i bleach mine it dosent fry it but if you ant you could bleach it then re-dye! thats what i do!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Try getting a stripper (the hair product lol) and strip your hair before dying it again.. make sure you get all the colour out else your just going to keep reapplying different colors to your hair and it will never end..
Then once you have stripped your hair apply the dye that is most like your natural color. Then when your roots come through the color will be near enough the same and you can just let it grow out that way.
But im not a profession either and if you are going to used the strip maybe ask your hairdresser to do it for you. That way they really know what tey are doing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts