The Horse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need help, and quickly! My parents are debating whether or not to let me half lease a horse. I really want to, but they are only saying no because they don't want to have to drive up to my stables 3 x a week. It's only about a 10 minute drive, but they are refusing still. I live in South Africa, so it's not really safe for me to ride a bike or walk, but I thought it might be a good idea to get an au pare or chaffeur- but that would be really expensive. Please help me with ideas on how to solve this problem! It would be much appriciated:lol:

This is the horse I want to half lease

Attachments

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Find someone to give you a ride, maybe a grandparent or aunt or ?

Offer to pay for gas if you have a job or offer to work for it by doing extra chores around the house if you don't

Maybe the owner would give you a ride if you offered to do extra work like mucking stalls

Find a friend who wants to ride and if the horse owner allows have the friend's parents give you both a ride out there
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
125 Posts
Explain to them that this is something you really, really want, not just a passing fad. It's very important to you to be given a chance at this.

Then figure out exactly what days and what times you would be going to see this horse, and try to work it into a reasonable schedule. If your mom is going out on Wednesdays anyway, she can drop you at the stables. If your dad is on his way to golf on Saturday, he can drop you off etc.

That way, you are fitting into their schedule and not being a disruption. Otherwise, find someone to lift you, like a friend or relative. Just make sure you have a plan at the ready, and are laying out a solution to the problem, not just whining PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts