The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else use a black half pad for dressage? I got a NICE Mattes for $30, and even though it was black, no way was I going to pass up that deal!

So, what color half pad do you use for dressage, schooling and/or showing?

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
I don't use halfpad. I use full sheepskin pads. The half pads don't make much sense to me since the sheepskin doesn't come into direct contact withe the horse. It seems to defeat the purpose of using a non-slip moisture absorbing fabric like sheepkin. For colors, I use black for schooling. I have a nice clean white one secured in a plastic bag for shows.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Oh, I forgot to put - that pad was used for showing and schooling.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I use a halfpad when my horse is first getting back into shape after a winter off - because he's not fit so the saddle doesn't fit him perfectly like it usually does, and I figure it can offer him some relief, so I use it. I'll also use it if I'm jumping, or if he's acting a little sore from a hard ride.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I use a black Steffen Peters Luxury Dressage pad which basically has the sheepskin 1/2 pad built in. I don't show so black was the way to go for schooling (hard to find in black though!) It stays put and provides all the advantages of a 1/2 pad without creating too much bulk.

I do miss using pretty colored pads for fun, but this gets the job done and cost a small fortune :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.